Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    1(610) 207-9478 is Christine's cell phone number. There farm name is Frozen Acres.

2. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Thanks...I've been told I'm on restriction from looking for more chickens until all that I have on order is here and growing....

3. maizy'smom

maizy'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Hi Heatherscooby,
    Looking at your avatar, I'm inspired to ask; who laid your blue and green eggs? And, does the color of the egg a chick hatches from determine/influence the color of egg they lay? I, too, am pretty much cut off from acquiring any more chicks, (my coop is pretty much at capacity with my four girls), but I am suffering from a pretty serious case of Easter Egger/Ameracauna/Aracauna/blue/green egg envy. Your blue & green eggs are quite lovely.
    Sorry. I'm kind of like a chocoholic on a diet.

mm

4. heatherscooby77

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    MM, my avatar is a google search pic. I don't know who took it, and I am not claiming it for my own.

With that being said, my chickens lay blue/green and blue eggs. I can never get a pic to show the actual colors of the egg, as opposed to seeing it in person. I also think my avatar pic has been cleaned up with photoshop. I ordered an egg color card from the ABC that should be coming soon. I will be able to take pics of eggs beside the card, then the person on the receiving end of the pic can look it up on there egg color card.....................................................

Maybe you need to build a bigger coup.................:)

5. heatherscooby77

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Missy, who put you on restriction? Because they are local, you can get 1, some of them are sexed.............. I don't know exactly where you are, they are in Reading.

6. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Heather,

I'm in Carlisle...not that I consider Reading too far....LOL As to who put me on restriction, my BF, the one who is paying for all of these! LOL

7. charmedbychickens

charmedbychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Ohio
    What's in Reading? Sorry, I'm lost in this thred all of a sudden. Ameruacana breeders who can sex their chicks?

8. heatherscooby77

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Charmed, I got some chicks in Reading on Wednesday at the Kitsch's Frozen Acres. They had a professional come in and sex there chicks.

9. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Do you have any contact info? We get up through Reading quite often.

10. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Never mind... I found them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by