Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Ours are frustrated also. We are up on a ridge, and right now the wind is howling and blowing snow sideways...so they are still in the coop.
    It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the wind. I would say easy 30mph gusts right now... the trees are whipping pretty good.

2. HeeereChicken

HeeereChicken Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2012
    we are also on a ridge top...and the snow, tho just flurries right now, is blowing sideways...i agree...wouldn't be so bad if not for the wind. ugh

3. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    It was crazy wind and rain last night. Enough to wake me up several times, and let me tell you, I sleep like a dead animal.

4. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    My chickens are on strike. The union steward is a real mother clucker. The are picketing for more roost space, padded floors with in floor heating, and fireplaces in every coop for ambiance as well as heat.

5. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    sally, was wondering how you were, glad you're still alive and kicking. hoping you feel better.[​IMG]

6. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    welcome, sit and stay awhile[​IMG]

7. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    here too! Mine are all still in the coop. I went out and gave them fresh water and food and shut the door before the wind could pull it off!

8. CrazyRays

CrazyRays Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2013
    Crazy Ray's Brown Eggs here outside of Pittsburgh,PA in Robinson Township. Count Down to March 4th when my 29 chicks Arrive. Still working on finishing and moving my chicken coop out in the valley away from my neighbors. I'll have Golden Laced Wyandottes, Barred Plymouth Rocks and Rhode Island Reds. With one Roo of each breed. Equipment is already arriving in the mail. I am so excited!

9. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Welcome. I have relatives out your way.

10. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

I use to hang out in Punxy all the time when I went to college in Pittsburgh. LOL! How funny! I got my first tattoo in Duboise.
    Holy coolness momma! Love it!
    LOL!! My kids would LOVE that turkey!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by