Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I already explained that sheep were a better option... lol. I'd love to have a mini jersey cow!

2. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Ditto on the cow.

3. BullChick

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Just to make you smile...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Good morning all! Had to share for a minute. Looked out my back window and saw a really weird chicken milling around, did a double take, and realized a ring necked pheasant has joined the flock. He's eating, and even resting with them. They look at him every now and then like "who the heck are you"? I can't get a pic, thery're just too far away, but if they get closer, I'm gonna try. So Cool!!

5. BullChick

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    That is too cool! LOL. Wonder how long he'll be around?

6. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    We've had three hens hanging around. The one day, George asked me when I got those things, pointing out the window, lol.

7. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

That is so freakin' cool!! Be neat if he stayed!

8. HeeereChicken

HeeereChicken Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2012
    well a few ventured out but went back in really quickly...doing an egg check now...we don't seem to get as many eggs on days like this...my roosters pretty much crow through out the night no matter what the weather but last night it was constant...i have a feeling they were yelling for me to come get them...help we're scared! it's cold out here! she took my spot on the roost! lol...crazy chickens

9. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    sally, its still cheaper than feeding a cow, we have one that i can't milk yet, hubby still building me a stanchion that she can't get her head out of, feed for her ain't cheap
    glad to see your back

10. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    we have five bach's running around our place, we use to have a lot because they used to raise them, bring them out and put them in a pen close by our house til they thought it was time to let them loose, hens and roos both, you wouldn't believe how many got killed on the road because they were stupid about people and cars. so its a real treat to see them and hear them calling.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by