Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Don't give up. I'm sorry for your loss.

2. barbiegirl

barbiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2012
    The Poconos Pa
    I'm sorry for your loss :(

3. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

OK... two more videos to share for our cute dose of the day....

Mindy is as infactuated as can be with the new chicks, but she is very cautious around the chickens. She has been this way with them since the first day we brought home our first birds. Anyways, she tends to lay very still, or freeze in place, when she is trying to not scare them. She does this quite frequently. She can lay for ages watching them in the coop, and the adult chickens often treat her as one of the gang now and walk around and sometimes over her without a care. Gracie has been fine with her since the first day with the new chicks (that day Gracie charged Mindy, who was 'looming' over the little ones, Mindy immediately laid down and froze, Gracie has been fine with her ever since) I guess Gracie just wanted to make sure Mindy knew who was boss, it was an impressive display for a 2 lb bird! [​IMG]

So anyhow... we have been giving Gracie treats to introduce to the new chicks, it was canteloupe yesterday, this morning I got a handful of baby meal worms and dead meal worm beetles and gave it to them instead of scratch seed. They loved it and it was so cute to watch them learning how to be mini chickens! Mindy was right there watching the show... right now she has been begging to go back out to the coop ever since we came in! She wants another 'chick fix'!

and then today's meal worm treat...

4. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Fisher I am amazed at your dog!! Mine want to eat the chickens....

5. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    3 out of 5 of my B/B/S bantam orps are now laying. As soon as they are all laying, I will have hatching eggs available if anyone is interested. They are beautiful, friendly birds.

6. oletymer

oletymer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2012
    [​IMG]

7. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

She amazes me sometimes too! She absolutely is enthralled with the birds, if she was allowed I think she would spend all of her time in the coop. When they are free ranging she stays with them for hours. Since she heard the first peep from these new ones she is obsessed with going out to the coop to see them.
    We had 2 stray dogs come into the yard a few months back and she went nuts... if I hadn't been there to call her off she would have taken them both on, and they were both about twice her size. The only thing better than her infactuation with the birds is her smarts, the dog can learn about anything, and rarely takes more than a couple of lessons to do it. She is a lot of fun for sure!

8. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    LOL GOOD FOR YOU!!

9. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    OH No BETTA! what happened!!

10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by