Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Beautiful Picture!!! Love it, [​IMG]

2. heatherscooby77

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Betta, that sucks. I am so sorry for your losses! The birds that are hybrid meaties, usually don't last long. Even on food restrictions, and exercise regimne, they still have issues. You should look into Heritage breeds, they live a whole lot longer, and have a way better quality of life.

3. heatherscooby77

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Ok, this is a post I made on facebook, so everybody gets a chance to see it:

OK, somebody said to post what we have for sale. I am going to be separating the for sales this weekend, hopefully. This I know for sure, 1 black gorgeous Ameraucana Rooster, born 05/2012. I will have some black Ameraucana hens. The reason they are gonna go is because I do not like there tail set. They are higher then I like. Would make perfect egg girls. I will have a handful of Blue Ameraucana hens. The reason they are going. Funky Coma Dena Blue. That is all I can say about it. Its the reverse of what a blue should be. They have a dark inside, with white tipping or incomplete white lacing. Any of the chickens will be $10.00. Buy 2 hens, with an option of a rooster, will be the black above or a youngster. I raised a **** load of chicks this past year (500+). I have learned a whole lot. I figured out my Ameraucana breeding plan, now its time to slim it down for the breeding pens. I will in the near future have some Cochin LF, and Black Australorps for sale. The don't get me wrong I love a lot of the chicks I got from my Cochin hatch, they are brothers and sisters of Mamas, I got 33/50 hatched. Sally got a couple too. What I want to say about them is there phenotype at birth, lets say some of them had some other colors floating around in them. So I will only be keeping chicks that had the correct phenotype at birth, then they will have to be test bred to make sure they are going to breed true. That will take at least a year, LOL. They are $5.00 apiece through this next coming week, because they are under a month. Over a month the price goes up. She Black Australorps are awesome layers of brown eggs. They are not as prolific as a Black Star, but they lay for a heck of a lot longer (5 years), and through rough weather (hot, and cold) I know I have 2 roosters of those, I would give them away for zero $$$. Well that is it in a nutshell!!!

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Physical Chick Therapy for "Wobbles" the Frizzle = 3/4" wide tunnel, its working!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Sally, is the tunnel to provide side support as it learns to walk so it strengthens it's legs without falling over?

6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

7. fisherlady

Very cool! Great way to give her a head start on her healing... would a chick like this benefit from any particular vitamin supplements or food changes?

8. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

9. fisherlady

Gotcha! We have that in our critter first aid kit... luckily we haven't needed to use it yet.

10. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Even though we have kids, I think the critter first aid kit is bigger than our's!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by