Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Is it possible to turn a bird into a broody? My remaining turkey hen is playing mom to the kids from the big brooder that I kicked out when it was warm. At first, I just thought it was a coincidence that they were always around her, but she's protecting them from the other birds, keeping her wings out for them to snuggle in and everything a broody momma would do.

2. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Is it possible to turn a bird into a broody? My remaining turkey hen is playing mom to the kids from the big brooder that I kicked out when it was warm. At first, I just thought it was a coincidence that they were always around her, but she's protecting them from the other birds, keeping her wings out for them to snuggle in and everything a broody momma would do.

3. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    Very cute! I hope she wasn't too upset about her missing white silkie! They have been snuggled on my lap most of the night. [​IMG] Mine is most likely a silkie/BCM, I got an email tonight & she does have silkies also, she just didn't think they were laying!

4. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I think it means she will be a broody, and her hormones could have started for a spring fling................

5. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Crossing my fingers for baby goats in July. Back to the breeder yesterday for 'let's breed Lily....Take Two'.

6. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    hamony is a beautiful little girl, chicks ok, [​IMG]

7. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    summary for the week !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Story of my life. Hope the weekend improves things!

9. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

10. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Wing you crack me up

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by