Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. MButerbaugh

MButerbaugh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2012
    Poor kid! I'm afraid he's gonna be sore for a few days.... At least he can spend them at home! Hope he has a speedy recovery.

2. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

He's gonna need it...or you'd need it...school will prolly cry child abuse!

3. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I have a lot of siblings. Our parents taught us to share. Unfortunately, my parents were against alcohol. So .... I never learned to share my pitcher of beer or Whiskey Sours. I hate drinking alone, and I don't understand football, so that stinks alone too. Then again, if DH were home tonight, he would have wanted half of my JD.
    [​IMG][​IMG]Drinking alone just got fun!

4. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa
    Ok so posted this Fb but wanted to post here too! Please message me if interested since I get lost on here from time to time :)

Looking to maybe hatch some golden pheasants and was wondering if anyone would be interested! Just putting some feelers out there to see if they are a wanted bird or not!

5. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Had to jump in here. 2 years ago we had a horrible accident with my youngest boy Christian. DH snapped open a metal folding chair at the exact same moment my son lunged forward. The contact of mouth on metal was the most disgusting sound EVER! It knocked out 1 tooth instantly, broke 2, and pushed 2 straight back in his mouth (that had to be removed the next day). At the ER, you're like I swear it was an accident, on the note for school, I swear it was an accident, to everyone you run into, I swear it was an accident. Last month, same kid, huge black eye from the coffee table, note to the school, I swear it was an accident, LOL! Kids![​IMG]

6. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

My mother swears it's a good thing Children's Services wasn't around when I was a kid, I wasn't an accident looking for a place to happen...I kept finding them. If I could damage myself, I did. I didn't need help! LOL

End of 6th grade, I broke my wrist roller skating. They tell you you're not allowed to swim with a cast on....yeah...uh huh.....so at the beginning of 7th grade, I was STILL in a cast. (wrist never did heal properly) First day of 7th grade, I've got gym class....we're playing volleyball. I'm like umm..I can't play. Teacher told me I needed a note from my parents to excuse me. I'm like...umm....cast??? Nope, not good enough. So rather than take the 0 for the day and fight it later, I participate. Rather than just stand there and let the ball go over my head...I participate. Put my hands up to volley the ball.....and bend all 4 fingers on my left hand straight back against the cast....
    3 hours later in English class....fingers swollen purple. Teacher asks what happened....and promptly sends me to the principal's office. My parents were totally of the belief that it was my own fault...I could've just taken that 0.

7. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    When my oldest was 3, he fell and hit his head on the coffee table. But he hit it at just the right spot that he almost tore his ear off. I tell him all of the time he is accident prone, just like me. I once required stitches after a pillow fight....

8. barbiegirl

barbiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2012
    The Poconos Pa
    My younger son is accident prone too. I fear the doctor will call child protective services too. Both my boys are accident pronse actually. One day I had to bring my older son in for xrays and then later that day my younger son for xrays. Both boys got hurt in band class in school. Lmao, band class! I'm actually off to the doctors in a few with younger son for back pains :(

9. barbiegirl

barbiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2012
    The Poconos Pa
    My younger son is accident prone too. I fear the doctor will call child protective services too. Both my boys are accident pronse actually. One day I had to bring my older son in for xrays and then later that day my younger son for xrays. Both boys got hurt in band class in school. Lmao, band class! I'm actually off to the doctors in a few with younger son for back pains :(

10. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

There are many other towns not listed ~ but the real test is how you pronounce "Lancaster"

[​IMG]ou

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by