Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

So when do the eggs get set for the easter hatch ???
hide.gif

Not committing to anything yet,,,only if I can find specific eggs..

On March 30th, the day before Easter & Mine and My sons birthday's on the 31st. I hate when our b-days fall on Easter.

Okay, seriously, does anyone close feel up for a strange trade? I need to get candles done and more made, soaps wrapped and some more made, bath bombs made etc, and I can't get everything done I need to get done. If anyone would be interested in coming and helping, I'd be more than willing to send eggs or some soaps/candles home with you, plus you could learn how to make bath bombs and candles (not soap though, since I can't let anyone make that, since I don't use safety gear and don't feel comfortable putting anyone in that position, LOL). I have a dozen mixed hatching eggs, two dozen eating eggs, a dozen eating duck eggs (infertile) and some soaps and candles to choose from. Anyone? LOL. Oh, working conditions wouldn't be so hot, because my soap room is a DISASTER and the house is a mess from toys and birds. I'm just so frazzled with trying to move, trying to restock my inventory and get everything ready for school, all before the 15th of this month!!! It's just NOT going to all get done. :/
What I need to get done:
At least another dozen candles made (only have a dozen jars right now, but might get more if anyone wants to help, LOL)
A few candles labeled (warning label, main label and raffia bow)
Bath bombs (I'd *like* to get all of my molds filled up, I have like 4 or five trays that I can find and they hold 14 bombs each)
Soap, eh. I have to wrap and label about 20 bars and then I'd like to get five more batches made

Maybe I should just get some expresso made up and get off of here. I just get so frazzled that I end up not getting ANYTHING done!

Going to check on my bator ...had one zip in 20 minute and popped out when I was on the phone,
ep.gif
got more barred rocks from ebay eggs...I'll post pics as soon as we hatch them out.

Okay, seriously, does anyone close feel up for a strange trade? I need to get candles done and more made, soaps wrapped and some more made, bath bombs made etc, and I can't get everything done I need to get done. If anyone would be interested in coming and helping, I'd be more than willing to send eggs or some soaps/candles home with you, plus you could learn how to make bath bombs and candles (not soap though, since I can't let anyone make that, since I don't use safety gear and don't feel comfortable putting anyone in that position, LOL). I have a dozen mixed hatching eggs, two dozen eating eggs, a dozen eating duck eggs (infertile) and some soaps and candles to choose from. Anyone? LOL. Oh, working conditions wouldn't be so hot, because my soap room is a DISASTER and the house is a mess from toys and birds. I'm just so frazzled with trying to move, trying to restock my inventory and get everything ready for school, all before the 15th of this month!!! It's just NOT going to all get done. :/
What I need to get done:
At least another dozen candles made (only have a dozen jars right now, but might get more if anyone wants to help, LOL)
A few candles labeled (warning label, main label and raffia bow)
Bath bombs (I'd *like* to get all of my molds filled up, I have like 4 or five trays that I can find and they hold 14 bombs each)
Soap, eh. I have to wrap and label about 20 bars and then I'd like to get five more batches made

Maybe I should just get some expresso made up and get off of here. I just get so frazzled that I end up not getting ANYTHING done!

If I lived closer I would've come. I'd love to learn all of that, but I'm really far from you.
idunno.gif

I might end up participating in the Easter hatch along, since I wouldn't need to set them til early March.

I've been jealous of you folks who have been hatching and have babies, but I've been waiting for warmer weather. Before I spend $ on shipped eggs, I want to do a test hatch of my own. If the frickin weather can stay above freezing for more that 2 days, I'd have enough eggs to make it worth firing up my cabinet incubator. I tried saving some last week, but only got 5 eggs from the pens I wanted, since my faverolles aren't laying yet, and only about half of the marans are. Slackers!

Rose comb leghorn
Buckeye
Dorking

Not liking what I see of the hatchery stock, and the few local people I find who claim to have them can not produce pictures..
Are you looking for hatching eggs? Are you willing to pay shipping? I'm doing a project for 4H this year and we just so happen to be basing the whole thing on buckeyes. If you need eggs, I can see what breeders are active around this time and maybe link you to them. I'm going to have a couple dozen buckeye eggs cooking in the 'bator as soon as I can get my hands on them
smile.png

If I lived closer I would've come. I'd love to learn all of that, but I'm really far from you.
idunno.gif

Lol. I was asked to do classes and such, but I just can't. For one, with soap, there's no way. I couldn't afford to get all of the safety gear for an entire class, plus the risks if someone does something silly. Candles wouldn't be so bad, but I still don't have the time for that. Not to mention, I'd need to buy stuff to be able to have everyone warm their wax at the same time, which would be too costly. I mean, if I could do several classes, it'd make more sense, but heck, I don't have the time for ONE class, let alone a bunch of them, lol. The kids help out by grabbing stuff, since the computer is downstairs and the soap room is upstairs, but boy, if they could label and tie raffia, I'd be in heaven!

Back
Top Bottom