Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Blackcrest sometimes Black Australorps will lay a mauve egg. It all depends on the genetics. My Silver Laced Wyandotte hens lay speckled eggs.

The hens you got, I forgot to tell you, they will stop laying for a little bit, and should pick up within a couple of weeks. I know for sure that 2 of them were laying here. Good Luck finding your eggs of a different color!

2. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania

Yes, I had Australorps that laid mauve eggs. All three of my Delawares are laying mauve eggs right now. It's really just extra bloom on the egg - sadly, it washes off.

3. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Hello, Northern Ind Co here also! Welcome! Glad to see more from our neck of the woods joining in!
    Oh, yes, the OJ affect can have chicken math consequences! [​IMG]
    you're going to be busy! Hatching a bit addictive? LOL
    Will keep my fingers crossed that some of our BAs lay mauve tint! Of course, first we have to hope out of the 4 we just hatched that at least one is a pullet! With our luck with have 4 very cute little roos running around! [​IMG]

4. heatherscooby77

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Hello my name is Heather, and I am a chicken addict.............................................

So I decide to "cut-back" on the breeds of chickens I have. So that does not mean I have to "cut-back" on varieties, right?

Me being the crazy blankity blank I am has decided to get into.................da da da da Wheaten Ameraucana!!!!

I simply cannot help myself!!! I saw this gorgeous rooster on the Ameraucana Thread probably 3-4 months ago. He was so cute, I loved his blue beard, with the red hackles!

Another thing I need to mention I am OCD when it comes to colors. So I have been holding to my vision of a flock of all b/b/s birdies. With some Silver Laced Wyandottes, Mottled Cochins, and now Wheaten AMs????? OMG, I am going to own a chicken with red/brownish feathers on it!

Ok, now that everyone knows how off the rocker I am, OMG I had to get that off my chest. In other news I am ordering 50 birds from Paul Smith! 25 b/b/s and 25 w/bw/sw!!! Yay me!!!!!! Sorry just really excited!

[​IMG]

5. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Chicken Math [​IMG]

6. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania

Hahahaaa!
    I started with many, many breeds and colors... The blue wheaten & wheaten Ams have been with me since my 5th month with chickens. Other than the issues I am having - you know - I love the variety. My roo is the best mannered boy I have. I am awaiting my 20 wheatens from Paul ,too! BTW, welcome to new colors. ;)

Mottled Cochins, eh? I am looking for a pullet/hen to put with my single boy. The one I have came from someone - again - claiming to be a breeder with birds with nice type and guess what? She has no cushion. She's 4 1/2 months and has a flat, pinched tail.

7. heatherscooby77

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    No cushion!!! That just isn't right. Right now I only have youngsters. So I will post availability on here first.

You know I have had chickens for years! The chicken math NEVER goes away!!!

8. zinia8

zinia8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2011
    Reels Corner, PA.
    [​IMG]
    Somerset county here.

9. Kiomey

Kiomey Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2012
    Southern York County
    I know of one in York county in April but can't think of the date off the top of my head ^.^ being so far south of everybody makes it hard sometimes :/
    really looking forward to getting some peeps from gardeningmama this weekend, we're splitting the blr wyandottes she's incubating :D
    My Loverman keeps tryin to keep our eggs out of the fridge so he can candle them. Ar don't even have a 'bator but now he pesters me to see if she can hatch em for us :rolleyes: I told him to just buy me a fricken incubator Lmao!

10. oletymer

oletymer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2012
    Ok I am looking for more signs of GIRLS verses BOYS behavior....when my peeps start learning to dust it seems like the girls are more quick to do this first....YAY OR NAY? and the first to jump on the edge of the bins to roost are the boys ....YAY OR NAY? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by