Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    No way! I feel for ya, sister. Misery loves company, anyway. My birds live in kennel runs cause my DH (professional, highly skilled finish carpenter) does not use those skills to build chicken coops for me.

2. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Barred Hollands are good Broodys, but hard to find. I've read that Marans are broody, but none of mine have been. My Banty Cochins have been broody.

3. Blackcrest

Blackcrest Out Of The Brooder

where did a ya get the cool hen house?

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

5. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    I'd be more apt to swoon over those Cochins if more of them were bantams. I did the LF thing and decided they weren't for me. I am still after good blues and blacks. Heck, I'll take splashes if I have to. I have a single black cockerel and a single blue pullet who is very, very tiny.

Blarneyeggs - I just noticed you have Nigerian Dwarfs! I decided to keep mine. I set up a temporary solution to her escaping. So, that means I need another goat to keep her happy.

Nettie:
    [​IMG]
    She's becoming quite a sweetheart. I still can't get the rest of that darn auction number sticker off her head! About 1/4 of it remains. She won't let me touch it and for a while after I tried getting it off, she wouldn't let me touch her head at all. I have a buck on standby when she goes in heat, but I have no idea how old she is.

6. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

too funny!!

7. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Awww! She is sweet! Yes, yes, you need a friend for her!

8. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
  9. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I have both LF and bantam. My LF are babies yet, but I just adore them. Although I like the bantam for their size.

CUTE goat!!

10. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Well, the coop will be finished on Saturday. The temps will be higher, the snow is supposed to stop by morning, and I should be done bleeding by then.
    Has anyone ever used an electric screwdriver to drive a screw through their thumb? That was my left hand. I then pushed a nail through my right thumb. I am very talented! I did manage to fix 2 walls, and the roof should be easy enough. If I can find boards that will work for doors, I will be all done within an hour. I am so proud of my coop! I had wanted a slanted roof, but that can be a "later" thing. I saw so many pre-made coops with flat roofs, I stopped worrying about it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by