Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

2. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Things are pretty muddy right now but I will set the game cam back up so I can post pics of what I got....i have mostly brown egg layers....barred rocks....orp's....silkies..........or as chad calls some of them,,,,unidentifiable mixes ...

3. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Unidentifiable mixes, hee hee! Wing, any chance you could manage till the Maryland swap? If not, have you considered posting them on the PA livestock Facebook Page? Just some thoughts. Sally!! Awesome post!

4. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

5. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

6. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Sally,

The PA hatchery that sells Freedom Rangers also sells white muscovies. I'm not sure if they also sell hatching eggs.

7. fawngrovechad

fawngrovechad Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2012
    PA in USA
    The temps and humidity are staying pretty steady! I put in 3 RIRs and 3 BSLs...well assuming that it's my RIR rooster fertilizing the eggs and not the silkie. I put in another RIR this morning and waiting for my Barred Rock to lay this morning and gonna throw hers in too. That'll be it then. I wanna keep at least one BSL girl if I get one. Probably sell or give away the RIRs

8. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop

9. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    SALLY! Those $14 thermostats, if you're upgrading a sportsman from wafer to that, do you need the relay?

10. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    I fired up the Sportsman today. I am setting my eggs collected the last couple of days and I have bantam BBS/Lav Ameraucanas coming. I am also trying to get my hands on UK bantam Orps. My hatching season officially begins today.

As for what I had in the Hova-bator. One bantam black Orp hatched and I was unsure it'd make it because not all of it's insides were absorbed. It still has some danglies hanging and drying but it's up and peeping. I had a Mille Fleur bantam Cochin pip, zip and hatch overnight. So, it looks like I will be getting 2 chicks out of nearly 35 eggs set. Only 9 made it past day 7 (I think many were partially frozen). After the failure that was this round, I hope the Sportsman does better.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by