Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Here, YES, that's what happens when you feed on one of those blistering cold days where you feel like you're in a wind tunnel!

2. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    I live on top of a hill. The wind up here is horrible. Some genius decided to put an addition on our place and made it so the wind hits the addition and it diverts it right into our front door if it's open. Well... It doesn't have to be open. The door isn't mounted right and snow blows in through a crack on top. I don't have to go outside for "chicken nipples".

3. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    LOL! We've got fields everywhere, NO windbreaks. We don't get snow, but we do get full blown wind gusts through cracks in windows and doors. Last month we spent $700 in oil here!!!

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    LOL

5. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
  6. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Welcome from Cumberland County!
    ADORABLE!
    If my scovies ever start laying again, I've got a white scovy covered by a black/white drake.
    Welcome to the madness, you've come to the right place!
    Welcome....not sure who you're speaking to or where you're from.....give us those details and we can tell you who has what!
    Watch it or you'll talk me into them!
    voted
    Fingers crossed for you!
    LMAO....and I thought my house was the most screwed up design ever!
    OUCH! Thankfully with the woodstove going full-time, I think we've turned the furnace on 3 times in the last 2 months. Went to a soap making class at Dickinson College Farm today...really interesting....not sure I actually want to make my own now...but at least I understand the basic concept of it now!

7. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Thanks! And yep. That is Tink and one of RoPo's chicks
    Thank you!!

8. fawngrovechad

fawngrovechad Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2012
    PA in USA
    [​IMG]
    Very elementary setup but temp was at 101 when they went in and humidity was 32. Humidity is now up to 58(!) and temp dipped quick now back up to 99ish. Should I worry?

9. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

10. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Cute Pups! 'Fit the bill'. Hee hee.

The wings on your chicks look fine to me, looks like the feathers coming in. They are only fluff balls for about a second before the feathers come. Beware, you are about to enter the 'ugly teenager' phase.

BTW, laundry basket for a brooder....very clever..

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by