Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Yikes!! Girlfriend, YOU need some wool sweaters!

First hatch!! Soooo exciting. Good luck!

2. CrazyRays

CrazyRays Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    did it dip when you added the eggs? that is normal, try to keep it as steady as possible, I do 100 and then down to 99 for hatch. no thermostat? It is well worth the 13 bucks to get one if you dont, temps are sOOOO hard to regulate! You had calibrated thermometers. So many people me for help too late in the hatch and I feel bad that they have such disapointment and so many dead chicks. in my signature is the hatching 101 article and my others, there are some VERY important things to know to have a successful hatch. Most troubled that ask for my help in the end are set ups without thermostats and uncalibrated thermometers.

What eggies did you set? your own? I cant wait to see them hatch!!

4. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Sorry sally and chad, I wanted to check up on everyone last night but ...I crashed after a few drinks(It was only 2 )....

No sally she is not a banty but has always been a small one, she was from a hatch that 8 out of 12 hatched, the people I hatched for left her behind because she was smaller even then..as you can see she was just fine, only small. (she was brooded with quail, that's how small she hatched )..

and you guys really are helping me out by giving these birds good homes.....i am over worked and extremely tired I just can not keep up with everything...and there's also been talk of finally making the move to the farm this summer.....seems like a perfect time to downsize and decide what I really want to do...

Sally please let others know how things go with that girl,,,,there's plenty more that could use homes...she have a name yet ??

5. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Wing- A while back you posted a pic of a beautiful blue orp for my Lav. roo. She is gorgeous, and I would've taken her, but I worry about introducing one lone chicken into the flock. I have some cranky hens that would terrorize her, I'm sure. I wish I could help you out, too![​IMG]

6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

7. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

LISTEN TO SALLY, or YOU'LL BE SORRY!![​IMG]

8. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Wing, what else ya got?

9. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Not yet!! I think Harmony said Sprinkles??? I was gonna ask if she had a name? I forget if you said she is laying! My Blue Roos already dancing to her, she is free in the breeder shed. so he is a tad upsed to be locked in his pen! LOL I have a small one from heather that STILL has no feathers and is 1/4 size of the others. Tiny..... is his name.

I so hope you can move to the farm!! how cool! Thank you wing!! Let me know if you need any chickies!!! [​IMG]Do you have a freezer pen?

10. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by