Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    for betta......i know you like to experiment with the meaties also.....this is a delaware/freedom ranger cross....new year's hatch.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    I made my 4th submission to the caption contest!! That was fun! Make sure to vote for me!! ha! Is it March yet!! [​IMG]

3. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    They are super cute! I could've walked out of there with some but I have to hatch my own out and get the birds to start paying down their winter debt and now the $500+ in housing and incubator upgrades, lol.

4. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    [​IMG]

5. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Nice! Do you have a weight on it? I have yet to grow any meaties out beyond a week or so. Just wasn't worth the mess inside when we still have plenty of chicken in the freezer, lol. But, by the end of the week, hopefully I'll have a bunch of ee and cornish eggs set. I'm going to set everything from the past week, since the move will probably make them quit.

6. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    It kind of makes me want to try freedom x cornish x. I've got bresse coming and will be using one of those roos for the cornish cross hens. For now it looks like they're all covered by leghorns. A silkie cross would be cool too. I have all spring to hatch leghorn/cornish x chicks, so I'll grow a few out once we get settled to see how they do.

7. regcal966

regcal966 Out Of The Brooder

I wanted to go to tsc today to check but never made it, thanks!! Now I know to stay away! LOL

8. yelnad

yelnad Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2012
    Central PA
    Hmm. This isn't really what I needed to hear. :)

9. Blackcrest

Blackcrest Out Of The Brooder

They need a chicken hotline to give folks clues on what to do step by step in easy to understand fashion to care for birds..

10. stake

stake Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    Malvern, pa
    Well folks, my coop-n-pen arrived via UPS today...funny, I had the urge to adopt a young polish roo listed in the re-home section...was thinking how long would the coop take to build....then I thought the poor adolescent would spend a couple of months in isolation til the girls were ready to go outside....and I had no logical reason to want a polish roo(he was a handsome bird)....I guess that's chicken math.

I was informed by a Chester County farm boy that a Roo may not be as noisy with 4-8 hens as he would if there were 15-20 hens or with another roo in competition...I have no idea and thought I'd just throw it out there.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by