Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

I had one needed some care yesterday, want sure where to put her, so I put her in the walk in shower until I got a temp home prepared. Seemed logical to me.

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

3. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Now that you're known for traveling to get chickens. you'll have to get a nice plastic dog crate to haul them in. With a little shavings inthe bottom, and the opening pointed away from you, you barely know they're there. (says the woman who once took about a half dozen spare roosters, plus a turkey, to the far south end of Virginia. Plus a beagle, and my very fastidious mom for company.)

4. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

We bought two old wooden play pens to use for brooders, will probably put them to use shortly for some meat bird chicks...
    for 5 bucks each we couldn't pass up the deal.
    Don't forget Evan Williams! We love their 'Honey Select'... awesome stuff in hot tea for a relaxing evening drink!!!
    We have 3 cat crates, one dog crate (plastic) and two portable kennels (wire) and a couple of other cages. Then we got a great deal on some regular chicken crates, so have 3 of them I think....
    We have been known to travel with numerous animals of any combination on many occassions... never know what you'll find in one of our vehicles! We even take one of our cats camping with us, since he pouts horribly if he has to stay home like the other cats! He loves going with the dogs... surprised he doesn't bark, with the way he behaves most of the time!
    Tomorrow I have to take 5 cats to the vet for shots/checkups... that is always a treat!

5. Kiomey

Kiomey Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2012
    Southern York County
    Hi from southern York county!
    :lol:

6. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh, you just reminded me of a horrible experience I had years ago. I was a nanny and did all the errands, including taking the cats to the vet (without a cat carrier). The office is located directly at the corner of an extremely busy intersection in town. I parked, grabbed one cat, opened the door to take her in, and the other cat darted out past me. Can you imagine? It was darting all around the area, and finally disappeared all together. It was awful. The vet did finally find the cat that night and called my bosses to come pick it up, but what a nightmare. LOL! I had completely forgotten about that.

7. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    Absolutely! I'm pretty sure she could be ferocious.

8. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I am going to need a friend for my goose. I am going to have to put my Toulouse down. She is wasting away, running into walls, and she had a broken leg a few years ago. She seem to been in a lot of pain. I think she is blind from cataracts. I feel really bad for her, she quit preening too :-(

I refuse to order 10 from a hatchery. I am open about a friend for her. Let me know if you have anything or what you may have available, TY!!!

9. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    Sorry you had to go through that. [​IMG] I sold some goslings last year and should've gone with my gut. I tried to not be judgmental for once in my life, and my goslings suffered for it. I too am much more careful now.

10. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania

I have 2 ganders and 1 needs to go. Not sure if gender mattered. Toulouse...

Oh! He's only 8 months old.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by