Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

2. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    You know you rock!

3. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

I know nothing about turkeys, but plan to set some eggs this weekend. If they hatch I may have extras at Easter. Blue Slate and bourbon red. Don't know how soon you want them.

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    So I am procrastinating letting my chickens out! When I was locking everyone up last night we had a visitor in the trees above. First one I have seen since we moved here, and of course it was 5 pm and the hippy neighbors come driving down their driveway and story ends here.

I will be so upset if I loose a bird to it! I was so torn on the open run idea, I always had chickens in enclosed runs and soooo wanted a huge area for them to wonder so I made a bigger run in the woods and left the top open. [​IMG]

5. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

I know the day is coming when the raptors on my property decide it looks like an easy meal. I figure it will happen while they are hatching or featuring their young in the tree on the edge of the property. I hope they prefer baby groundhog and solve both or problems. There is no way I can covert all my run. I must have close to 1500 square feet.

6. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Yes I would, she wants to be a mommy so bad right now.

7. kalbach8

kalbach8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2013
    PA
    Hello, I'm from Northeast/Central PA, in Columbia County. Was wondering what Large Fowl breeds everyone has. My girls are looking to hatch some eggs, so they can show them at our local fair in the fall.

8. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA

Thank you for thinking of me. I was thinking a little bit younger.

9. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania

Hello! Finally, someone in the same county! I am up here in Unityville area!
    I have LF Blue/Splash Wheaten & Wheaten Ameraucana, Delaware x Ameraucana EEs and a chocolate/mauve English Orpington project. I have mostly bantams - Orps in chocolate, Cochins in MF, mottled, black and blue and soon Ameraucanas in BBS & Lav.

10. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

I'm not close to you, but if you check the link in my signature (provided by the amazing Missy) you may find someone close to you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by