Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I don't remember if they can or not, but I don't. Buy some unmedicated, trust me, they'll use up the 50lb bag without a problem. I don't do anything special for mine. Treat them just like chickens here, except if incubating, raise humidity to rainforest levels during hatch.
    If doing BB turkeys, spend the least amount of time with them possible or you'll end up with pets. Get those hamster water bottles for them to drink from. They are sensitive and it seems like looking at them wrong can kill them. Don't free-range until they're bigger, I lost some that way (fully feathered), and it halved my flock size (predator). Keep a heat lamp on them for longer than you think is necessary. My big girl is 20lbs+ of muscle, but she still gets cold very easily.

2. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    [​IMG]

3. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    OK guys. I need a total who's coming to the class. Sallyx2, Heather x2, Edx1?, Tinax2, who else is coming? Missy are you guys coming? Was on the phone with Stacy @ the Dept of Ag and getting names so she can get a tally with the class being next week.

4. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    they must be able to take medicated, they sell the medicated food for turkeys and game fowl.

5. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    How high is your fence? I am thinking of an open top for a a new run (but not for the new gang!) for the same reason (more space), but I worry for two reasons. Is a six foot fence high enough. and are the hawks that are around big enough to get my chickens? IDK how big a hawk has to be to go after a full grown chicken. So tell me what you do, because I am very interested.

6. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania

You know, I sent my application and check in last year at the end of May and I JUST heard back from Stacy this month. I have to question the system they have, for sure. I'd still like to do my CPT training, but I can not go to Harrisburg for it. Tunkhannock is closer.

7. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

I will be there along with our 4H Poultry Leader. I don't think anyone else in our club is going. Boo.

8. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania

In her defense, I was either going to call 911 or Sally. I looked around.... no signs of chickens, peeps, eggs, or fermented feed. My thumb was ready to dial Sally!

9. kalbach8

kalbach8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2013
    PA
    I'm near Bloomsburg, at the moment we have a mix flocked of EE, 1 RIR, 1 SLW covered by 1 Ameraucana roo, 1 EE roo, and a mixed Brahma roo. I'm trying to find homes for 2 of my roos. My girls want to hatch some eggs(set on the 13 of March after we come back from vacation in TN).

10. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania

Me x1 ....or don't I count?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by