Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    good story McC!!

2. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

Lmao, just don't blame that on me too like the other stuff! :lol:

3. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Your not too far away. I go up to Elysburg every other wknd with my kids and could be a transport if you need be to the flat lands lol
    What if she saw a chicken along side the road on the way?
    Awesome!
    These classes I arranged. The classes they have regularly I have no control over. So these fell on my shoulders. [​IMG] And if I say so myself the first went well and was better than expected.
    I know you too, looking at the new ones.
    Hmmm...I got lost somewhere in the woman talk
    Exactly!
    Excellent!
    You get blamed for things? Better you than me lol

4. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Turkeys need higher protein than chicks. If you can't get turkey starter, gamebird starter is also high protein. Especially true if you're raising broad breasted ones for meat. I can't remember if turkeys can have medicated starter or not. I know waterfowl aren't supposed to. If you're riasing meat birds, sexing probably won't matter. Both wil get big. If you're getting BBW's or BBB's, with the intent of raising one for Thanksgiving, wait til summer to get poults. They will be dinosaur sized by t-day if you get them now..

5. yelnad

yelnad Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2012
    Central PA
    How do I put myself on the map?

6. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    So, my pretty, (strokes chin) my evil plan is working. Bwaa haaaa haaa!

7. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I've been using the 24% chick starter for turkeys and ducks. It works just fine, no angel wing or anything. You don't need to spend $35 on a 50lb bag of turkey/gamebird feed if you cannot find it or wish not to spend a fortune on it.

8. stake

stake Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    Malvern, pa

I think you can send your zip in a PM to "missydcpc" (hope thats the right person...)

9. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Betta - thanks for the info. I was just at tsc and the Dumor chick starter was listed as chicken, Turkey, quail and maybe other stuff. That was the 24% starter.

Is it bad my coffee table is taken up by two hatchers and there is a container of wine fermenting next to it?

10. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by