Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Bwahaha. Make sure you read Sally's thing BEFORE you attempt to make one or you'll be in the same boat I am... sitting on a cabinet bator that blows cold air!

2. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Well, after a long night of the dog pushing me out of the bed, I was woken up at 5:12 this morning by an angry roo in quarantine. Nicely located right under my bedroom. He crowed for about fifteen minutes, then every hour after that until about nine. He is now in his new coop. I wasn't up for that again tomorrow! LOL!
    I checked on them a while ago. The roo is by the roost (there is a big window. He may have been watching the hail) and the girls were in a far corner. Tomorrow they should be happier.
    I got an egg! Not very dark, but I think it may be her first. Had they begun laying, Beaglady?

3. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    I wanted to give my fellow PA inhabitants a heads up. Since I got my Sportsman, I will be selling my still air Hova-bator w/ egg turner. I paid over $100 for it. The mesh wire that goes over the plastic tray w/ water channels is rusted in a couple of places and it discolored the incubator on the one side but it works perfectly. I just hatched some chicks in it in the last few days. I replaced the side arm on the turner after it cracked. I also lost one of the red plugs - I only ever use one anyways. I'd be happy to get $80-ish out of it if anyone is interested. If it needs shipped, I have it's original box to ship it in - you'd have to pay shipping.

4. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, the day has finally come that I can't put off getting rid of my roos any longer.[​IMG] My Silver Ameraucana has just gotten it in his head that he hates me, and is starting to charge me. He's been side stepping me for a while, and has jumped on me once, but now he's spotting me across the yard and coming for me. I told DH, the day I feel I need to have a shovel in my hand to go take care of the chickens is Papas last day. DH went to the gas station up the street owned by Mennonites and the lady said any of the local Amish would not only take them, but probably barter for them. So, tomorrow we're gonna visit the neighbors, and offer up some roos. I really hate this part of chicken keeping![​IMG]

5. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop

6. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

My tsc gets chicks from three different hatcheries. They don't know what is coming until it gets there.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  7. Kiomey

Kiomey Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2012
    Southern York County
    Best idea for a spring garden party ever! I'm all for it! :D

aww I'm sorry dear, my boy Cortez has made me bleed quite a few times :/ but he does his job so well I can't get rid of him yet lol maybe if I end up with a roo out of this springs chicks.. let me know what your neighbors say! Maybe I can get you to do some trading for me ;) for a fee of course; how bout some homemade mead/home brew :p

8. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Unfortunately for Papa, I have 2 awesome roos, that are sweet and on task, so I don't need to put up with his crap. I'm honestly more worried about my 3 year old. Spring's coming, and she's gonna want to play outside, so... Homemade brew...gonna have to try that out![​IMG]

9. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Yep platforms maybe....
    Of course lol
    I've got coolers

10. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Harrisburg TSC has Buff Orps if anyone is interested!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by