Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Crap! No, as far as I know she wasn't laying. I hope you end up with darker eggs, at least as dark as the ones in my kitchen, If i knew she was laying light eggs, I wouldn't have sold her as a marans. Chicken math says I owe you a chicken.....

As far as hawks, yes a big hawk, like a red tail, will take a grown chicken. The roos will keep watch for hawks and warn the ladies, but they need places to hide if free ranging. One winter, the blue Andalusian roo that's the grandaddy of your splash girls fought off a hawk that was trying to scoop him off of the snow.

2. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I lost my first girl this morning. I had been checking the disease and illness section. Too many opinions, all seemed to fit. One difference. I didn't see a single thing that would kill her this fast!
    On Sunday she seemed slow. Not bad slow. Just "I am waiting my turn at the FF" slow. I pet her, and asked if she was okay. Her answer was to run off. I thought I was imagining that she seemed sick. Monday she was moving around, but looked kinda puffed up. Nothing else seemed off. Maybe I was looking at a different girl, and this one was just coming out of a dust bath or something? Tuesday morning she was sitting on the branch. It is a roost that they only use during the day. I think she slept there. There was a small pile of greenish runny poo under her. It was the only green pile, and just the size of one poop. That is when I began to worry. Last night while talking to the cashier at TSC she said that the chicken may have gotten into something. THEN I remembered the broken light bulb I saw. My question there is that there was no bloody stool or crying in pain. She was not egg bound. No one else is acting odd in any way. Any ideas? Should I worry about the rest of the gang?

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    OMG Bobbie is funny! wash feet from the toilet! yeah me too!! But you have more than one bathroom! I only have one tiny one at least until I get the basement set up, which wont be for a loooong time!

4. BullChick

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop

5. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]RIP My blue girl! OMG Her bumblefoot came back and I didnt even know it!

Stupid WINTER GO AWAY!

[​IMG]

6. barbiegirl

barbiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2012
    The Poconos Pa
    So sorry Sally *hugs*.

7. BullChick

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I am sorry, Sally. I hope no one else loses a bird today!

8. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    So sorry.....[​IMG]

9. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    No advise, but sorry for your loss :(

10. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm sorry Sally[​IMG]. Was she by chance Momma to one of your new chicks? Hopefully?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by