Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I'm jealous too! I shouldn't be... I have 26 in the bator now after candling and three more swaps to come (12+). Plus 5 in the brooder... :oops:

2. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

LOL! Yep, Mindy should get pulled out of the bull pen (or should I say chicken pen!) and put to work! [​IMG]

I just emailed Tish monday asking her for a male pup. We are ready for another one since we lost our big fellow last summer to old age. She said she has a litter due any day and hopefully will have the right boy for us out of the litter. It will be a few weeks to see if she gets a boy with the right personality but our fingers are crossed. We would be getting him in late April or early May, which is perfect!

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

4. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop

5. kalbach8

kalbach8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2013
    PA
    Anyone ever think of doing a PA swap (Chicks, eggs, ducks, and etc.) where everyone could meet for the day to swap poultry/fowl and eat, and just have a good time?

6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    1st Annual PA UNITE Poultry Swap, Incubator Clinic & Meet-up Picnic!

7. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

8. kalbach8

kalbach8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2013
    PA
    LOL, Is that a link, if so it won't let me click on it.

9. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Come to think of it, I think they did that last Summer. There were 2 because everyone could not travel. Maybe it never happened, but I swear it did.
    While some people here scare me, it does sound like fun... Dangerous fun! Someone will come with 20 chicks, and leave with 70 turkeys, and someone else will come with 20 roosters and leave with nothing!

10. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa

Called Heather today and I'm thinking maybe I was wrong and she is egg bound still eating and seems more perky since I soaked her! Have soaked her 2xs now and she is eating scrambled eggs, yogurt, scratch( aka crack) and meal worms so I guess only time will tell right? But solo worried

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by