Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I would love a bigger one than our igloo....

I am thinking about this one for $18. bucks walmart

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Igloo-Island-Breeze-48-Quart-Cooler/16437961

2. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank You Heather!! I am gonna get it for the worms, but also I had mites in the fall, and I'm not messing with those suckers anymore. I use DE everywhere (a whole 50 lb. bag in 4 months.) and those POS's still got in!
    Yeah, good luck with that! Hasn't worked for me yet, so I just don't go at all, LOL! I send DH.
    Early winter I had a Serama hen just die for no apparent reason, but I think it was a seizure (they have a lethal gene). She was a broody too, with one chick. It was so sad to watch that chick fend for itself, but it made it and just started laying eggs last week. Nature is fickle.

3. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    You can use dog or cat. I get the best buy version. I go to wally world to get the generic, it will price out better if you get the large dog version. I put a 1 drop in these places, base of neck, under each wing, and base of the tail. If they are really bad at the vent area, I will put a drop there too, but the eggs will not be viable for a couple of weeks.

I don't use this medicine on my egg flock. I should say I do use it, but the eggs get tossed for 10 days. It says the amount of medicine is trivial that is in the chicken, but I don't want to eat them anyway!

4. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

That is awesome!!

5. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sally - I like that one! Price is great and size seems about right. My 36 is fine, but i need more!

Wingstone - looks like fondant to me. And I am literally right up the creek from you. Only right by the creek. And I have springs on the property. Last spring I got my trailer stuck in the field and it was weeks before I could get it out. Tractor and 75 feet of rope I managed to pull it free. The flood the other year the creek was three feet into my basement. Not ground water, creek level. I know mud! I'm surprised you can get to the farm after heavy rains, that road is always under, isn't it?

6. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

7. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    we go around and use newcomer road, after they close that road I have no idea how we will travel.[​IMG]we also make sure we have one of the trucks at the house if they call for heavy rains,,,,

8. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Turkey eggs are here! 6 blue Slate, 6 bourbon red. I'm setting them Saturday. I'll candle tonight to make sure everything is good after their journey.

I know nothing about turkeys.

9. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG] jelous!

10. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    She told me she is still thinking about it. I think she needs an ES, lol. Maggie did her best to show MCC how nice ES are with chickens, and Whiskey majorly sucked up to her husband. Since you live close to her, it's time for Mindy to step in and seal the deal. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by