Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I just want to send a big thank you to Heatherscooby and Sally Sunshine for the help they gave me dealingwith my chicken butt issue, it seems she getting better and I hope soon is out of my bathroom. I keep thinking she's laughing at me with her clucking, and for the insight helping me with her cold. She seems to be getting better. So ladies, Thank you

I am so glad Shadow is doing better, yay!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have a boy button quail? or have button quail? or know someone that has button quail?
th.gif
Sally, so sorry to hear about you loosing your beautiful hen.. that just sucks. Try SilkieSensations for quail, I know she is hatching a ton right now, but not sure what all varieties. I think she is working on a hatch of like 500 for orders, so she may have extra's available from that if she doesn't have any already in the brooder.
Just want you to know that I resisted going to Tractor Supply to look at chicks tonight, and I won't have time tomorrow. To compensate, I set 4 dozen eggs - marans, ameraucanas, plus a couple olive eggers.
You did great! You resisted adding that dozen from TSC and of course you can find room for 3 or 4 dozen from your egg setting! LOL
gig.gif

Good grief! Not another! I am SOOO sorry! I really hope she pulls through! Keep us posted!!
So sorry to hear of the sick hens... McC... so sorry to hear you lost one, fingers crossed that the rest of your flock doesn't come down sick! BTW... did you ever get a new pup?

Thanks for the laugh chad, I really can picture you having a party with a bunch of ceramic gnomes..
lau.gif
I would too! Shot glasses for each of them!
you two are just asking for trouble
Who's asking for trouble? Not us!?
I can't speak for Chad, but I don't need to look for trouble, it find me.
Yeah it finds me too. Sometimes getting close to getting stung isn't bad enough. You just have to pick up a stick and whack the nest a lil LOL
lau.gif

I think that's a great idea!!!! The coolerbator party!
I have a TON of big thick coolers.
I am making a trip to Mansfield/Tory this weekend.

If there is anyone between Williamsport and Mansfield/Troy selling any thing, can you let me know? I am after Orpingtons, bantam Cochins, Cages, hatching eggs for quail, Orps, bantam Orps & Cochins, geese... I have to drive right up Rt 15.

I am also selling 2 chocolate Orpington roosters and a still air Hovabator w/ turner. If you along the way, I can meet you.
I don't remember ...Your from Williamsport?
I just asked DH and he shook his head grinning, "you know your addicted to chickens when...... you host parties to build incubators, swap chicks, swap chicks! now thats a party" he he he
Pampered Chef, scentsy, tupperware...who needs more of that stuff......making your own bator...priceless
CHAD I dont think that blue quail is a boy! I got three eggs in an hour!
When did you start laying eggs!? LMAO Hell if I know

Wing, I usually don't feed medicated chick starter.  I am this year.  I think the parasites are gonna be out of control!  It needs to be frozen for at least 10 days (deep freeze) to kill the eggs, protozoa, etc.  that's in the soil.  I am going to de-worm too.  I am going to alternate.  I am going to spot treat only.  I am also going to frontline the birds every 35 days.  I am so sick of the f'ing starlings giving my birds lice!

Heather, any idea what the withdrawal period is on Frontline?

Last edited:
I am so glad Shadow is doing better, yay!!!!!!!!

I think she getting better:) He acting more lively and talk all the time now. her one eye was swollen and closed but now she can see out of it. I am hoping to have her out there with the girls soon and out of my bath room.

And how much food in ozs does one bird eat? Bc Shadow is acting like she part of my family at a buffet.

Quote: These are my thoughts also, I hate the idea of medicating but considering the weather it may be a safe bet to just do it up front....i only have the starling problem in the meat bird house, I am concerned more with the fact that the ground never really froze....
problem is since I do not normally medicate I have no clue what to get.....wish me luck i am heading to tsc later today, what should i get (and don't say chicks)
I dust heavily with de and never had a problem with lice or mites, it the internal parasites I am concerned about.

going to tsc ....must be strong...must be strong...no weakness...keep head down, walk past those shiny chirping bins..

OK do update, white hen is still alive and eating some bread this am. She is moving around but not the best, so no pasty butt, no lice or mites that I saw, good feeling crop, doesn't feel egg bound and breathing fine. What should I do???? She seems fine but she isn't and isn't showing anything!

OK do update, white hen is still alive and eating some bread this am. She is moving around but not the best, so no pasty butt, no lice or mites that I saw, good feeling crop, doesn't feel egg bound and breathing fine. What should I do???? She seems fine but she isn't and isn't showing anything!

I am glad she made it through the night. Can you bring her inside for a while to isolate her? That way you can see what her poo is like too?

Believe it or not, people say none. You put such a trivial amount on the chickens, that it doesn't effect anything. Do not put on the vent though. It will kill the embrayos. The saturation of med is what will do it!

Back
Top Bottom