Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA

I am so glad Shadow is doing better, yay!!!!!!!!

2. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Sally, so sorry to hear about you loosing your beautiful hen.. that just sucks. Try SilkieSensations for quail, I know she is hatching a ton right now, but not sure what all varieties. I think she is working on a hatch of like 500 for orders, so she may have extra's available from that if she doesn't have any already in the brooder.
    You did great! You resisted adding that dozen from TSC and of course you can find room for 3 or 4 dozen from your egg setting! LOL [​IMG]
    So sorry to hear of the sick hens... McC... so sorry to hear you lost one, fingers crossed that the rest of your flock doesn't come down sick! BTW... did you ever get a new pup?

3. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    I would too! Shot glasses for each of them!
    Who's asking for trouble? Not us!?
    Yeah it finds me too. Sometimes getting close to getting stung isn't bad enough. You just have to pick up a stick and whack the nest a lil LOL [​IMG]
    I have a TON of big thick coolers.
    I don't remember ...Your from Williamsport?
    Pampered Chef, scentsy, tupperware...who needs more of that stuff......making your own bator...priceless
    When did you start laying eggs!? LMAO Hell if I know

4. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Heather, any idea what the withdrawal period is on Frontline?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  5. Blackcrest

Blackcrest Out Of The Brooder

I think she getting better:) He acting more lively and talk all the time now. her one eye was swollen and closed but now she can see out of it. I am hoping to have her out there with the girls soon and out of my bath room.

And how much food in ozs does one bird eat? Bc Shadow is acting like she part of my family at a buffet.

6. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

7. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa
    OK do update, white hen is still alive and eating some bread this am. She is moving around but not the best, so no pasty butt, no lice or mites that I saw, good feeling crop, doesn't feel egg bound and breathing fine. What should I do???? She seems fine but she isn't and isn't showing anything!

8. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I am glad she made it through the night. Can you bring her inside for a while to isolate her? That way you can see what her poo is like too?

9. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Believe it or not, people say none. You put such a trivial amount on the chickens, that it doesn't effect anything. Do not put on the vent though. It will kill the embrayos. The saturation of med is what will do it!

10. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Frontline for chickens? I've seen dog and cat versions. What dosage?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by