Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. fawngrovechad

fawngrovechad Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2012
    PA in USA
    Yea, my wife reminded me when we took something to someone's house and they had chickens. I thought it was goofy they had chicken crap on their back porch and the chickens were roaming all over their yard. Oh how times have changed for me!

2. fawngrovechad

Aug 27, 2012
    PA in USA
    I know someone who has a while bunch of quail...not sure if he has button quail though. I don't have him in my contacts anymore since my phone drowned in the dog water bowl over Christmas but I know where he lives!

3. fawngrovechad

Aug 27, 2012
    PA in USA
    Yes u will see me with my entire flock there with me! My kids will love it! My wife is getting into it too! It's so fun! I love finding out what treats each if the birds like and don't like

4. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sad to report that April is moving, and won't be bringing her beautiful show birds to The Mill, [​IMG]. Chicks Night Out just won't be the same without her, and I let her know it!! I hope they got someone else to bring their birds in.[​IMG]. The upside, if you didn't already know, they'll have Barred Rock chicks, EE's & RIR's this time, last time it was only RIR's. I'd be tempted, but I'm hatching the Barred Cochins. Don't want too many barred chickens running around, LOL! But I may be persuaded to get a few EE's as my only one insists on laying in every inaccessible spot on the property.[​IMG]

5. fawngrovechad

Aug 27, 2012
    PA in USA
    I'm sure it's still gonna be great for this first timer! Even for u old timers! Haha! I will be tempted to take at least one lil EE home since we don't have any of them! I can't wait until my 3 lil foghorn leghorns(!) come in! That would out us at a cool dozen if I take home an EE!

6. Kiomey

Kiomey Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2012
    Southern York County
    I know right? I think this would be a great fun get-together!

XD I'm sad to hear we'll miss April! We all still meeting up for wine coolers and chocolate? :pop. Could be fun! :lol Can't wait to see you and chads Ppl. ^^ excited! :celebrate

7. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Just want you to know that I resisted going to Tractor Supply to look at chicks tonight, and I won't have time tomorrow. To compensate, I set 4 dozen eggs - marans, ameraucanas, plus a couple olive eggers.

8. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I'm still waiting on my tux buttons that I paid for last year. :( I'll have to shoot him an email. Hopefully they start laying again soon.

9. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Wing, I usually don't feed medicated chick starter. I am this year. I think the parasites are gonna be out of control! It needs to be frozen for at least 10 days (deep freeze) to kill the eggs, protozoa, etc. that's in the soil. I am going to de-worm too. I am going to alternate. I am going to spot treat only. I am also going to frontline the birds every 35 days. I am so sick of the f'ing starlings giving my birds lice!

10. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    They sell the right one at TSC, it a generic in the yellow box. Its a cattle pour on. It works good. It will not kill every species of mite/lice. So far it has worked for me. If you can't find the right pour on. You can get a tube of horse wormer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by