Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa
    Ok so one of my hens today was looking a little off but just though ahh it is just me! So went to lock up the coop and she was in the nest box so I took her out and put her on the roost and she all but feel off the roost! Omg I think I'm gonna loose her and I have no idea what's wrong, she has been fine and healthy til today! Any ideas? Gonna look ather better in the am but I'm at a loss and feeling sick in the stomach! Not how I wanna end my birthday :( well looks like the 30s are gonna suck!!

2. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Xs 2

3. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    umm Happy Birthday! ?

No, no, no. You found her now for a reason, give her a good look over. If she has mites or lice, you just bought the rest of your flock more time. 30's are AWESOME, you are mature enough not to make teenaged mistakes and yet, have the strength of body and mind to move mountains. Celebrate moving into your 30s!!

4. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

LOL! I think everyone of us have had a burn the coop down day (or week). I've had at least 3 this year. You'll figure it out, and it will get better. I'd help you, but I'm learning as I go. I personally want to get my hands on some pour on Ivermectin. I know it's controversial, but from what I've read it helps with a lot of different worms, mites, lice etc. I can't find the right one though.[​IMG]

5. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I just asked DH and he shook his head grinning, "you know your addicted to chickens when...... you host parties to build incubators, swap chicks, swap chicks! now thats a party" he he he

6. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Ditto..&..Happy Birthday!!

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

8. Blackcrest

Blackcrest Out Of The Brooder

I just want to send a big thank you to Heatherscooby and Sally Sunshine for the help they gave me dealingwith my chicken butt issue, it seems she getting better and I hope soon is out of my bathroom. I keep thinking she's laughing at me with her clucking, and for the insight helping me with her cold. She seems to be getting better. So ladies, Thank you

9. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    It sounds like a resp issue. I use denegard, but you have to get that online and it is spendy. Some people use Tylan 200 effectively.

Don't give up. I went through a lot with my silkies this summer and was so over it. But I am glad I didn't give up.

10. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Glad she is feeling better!

I am so sorry Kathy. Can you bring her inside? Horrible way to spend your birthday.
    well a lot of good that does me now!! JK... let me know next time you come up this way. Stop off for some coffee or something stronger. Always love to meet new chicken peeps!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by