Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

eggcellent! They can take a lot of adversity!
  2. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa

Congrats so happy to hear this! Always fun to have chicks!!
  3. kalbach8

kalbach8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2013
    What about the last weekend in May or June 1st?
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  4. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    The 8 chicks can be in the crate for now. I would move them outside with a heat lamp (assuming the lamp is secure, and won't fall) in a few weeks. Now is okay too. They are too young to be in the run (if that was not known).
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  5. zinia8

zinia8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2011
    Reels Corner, PA.
    Somerset county here
  6. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    AWESOME idea with the ducks..I think you can get little marzipan duckies..may have to do that as my kid sis's baby shower cake with rubber when asked what she's having she replies "we're hoping for a baby, but it might be a hedgehog"
    Welcome! And I volunteer Sally!
    See...she volunteered herself!
    I'll offer to be the one who shows up with 20 roosters...though, knowing me, I'll leave with something else!
    I said "aww I want one" to the pic of Mindy on the Vet table...and fiancee looks over and goes NO! I tried to play innocent that I was talking about a chicken...but he's having none of it.
    PRECISELY how I feel! SOOO much happier now that the littles go home to their house.
    Welcome, if you'd like on the map, just post your zipcode.
    I think this is an awesome offer! I vote for you! So.....ummm.....well...ok....ya'll know I don't do anything normal right? This one is TOTALLY not my fault! Fiancee got a wild hair the other day and decided we needed to go get the marriage license...even though the wedding's not till October....but you know...these things expire after 60 days...and then you have to go get a new now we're playing the ultimate April Fool's joke on everyone....and getting married on April 1. We're still having the wedding in October...but it will be just for show...the paperwork will be all done.
  7. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    That is why I do injections. I know they are getting the correct dose, I can treat only the ones that are ill.
  8. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Thank you for the info, so they are not like Great Pyrenees! That helps............
  9. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

sharron.... I think you missed something.... HE told you they have speckled sussex... now Radioman would know better than to tell me something like that unless HE wanted the new ones but didn't want to admit it! He can be sneaky that way! I don't have any sussex but I understand they tend to be good for meat and broodiness??? So never hurts to grab a few while you can if you know you can send them to freezer camp or have them raise little ones for you in the future.... Win/Win!!!! [​IMG]
    and like McC said, you can enjoy them as little ones and always trade them later if you change your mind! Sounds like good therapy to me!!
    Indiana County here.... what part of Cambria Co? we could be neighbors or an hour apart depending! LOL
  10. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    My Coop
    ok, did my research on Quail and YES I got another 3 eggs today, so I checked their vents! all large all hens! HOW HILARIOUS is that! When you need a Roo ya aint got none!! No wonder multiple batches of eggs are infertile, DOLP! NOW, I NEED A MALE BUTTON quail.... Someone have one close? or know of anyone willing to sell a quail boy? H E L P

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by