Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    UGH!!!! I had a whole post written out with quotes and replies and Fiancee stepped on my cord...unplugging my machine so poof!

Wing...if noone else offers, I'd be glad to do that for you. By next spring I'll have everyone separated out.

mrsmc, you're added.

beaglady...nothing wrong with a sleepover....what's 1 or 20 more people?

I don't remember the rest of them brain is fried...

2. fawngrovechad

fawngrovechad Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2012
    PA in USA
    Do I need a heat lamp on the ducklings all night long?

3. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    really folks, I wll not be getting any chicks, poults, ducklings, keats...did I miss any....untill this time next year, except thse already order from crazypetlady and also a dozen from reesepoultry, not sure what I willdo with these.
    I do plan on coming home with lots of other things, I already have a list of folks wanting me to grab them some soaps and things like that...if anyone makes chicken diapers,please bring some, hubby wants homemade root beer, I got no clue how to make that......I better sign up for overtime, I may need it to pay for all this.

4. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    Yes. Very similar to chicks. 90* for the first 7 days, then decrease 5* each week. After 6-8 weeks and well feathered, they can tolerate down to 50*. Also, don't forget the extra niacin!

1 person likes this.
  5. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  6. fawngrovechad

Aug 27, 2012
    PA in USA
    typically how old are the chicks and ducklings at TSC? The guy there didnt know exactly how old they were. Gotta admit, the ducklings were a total impluse buy

7. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    they should be ABOUT 3-4 days old, if it takes the typical 2-3 days to ship.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  8. fawngrovechad

Aug 27, 2012
    PA in USA
    thanks Betta!!!!!!!!

9. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Well, I took an impromptu trip to Sharpesburg MD today. I picked up some very cute mottled black Cochin bantams from MsBear!

I sent the Blue Orp rooster with suspected split wing to the auction. I checked both wings thoroughly and he definatly had it on one side. That is okay, it made it easier to choose between Orps and LF Cochin!!!!

10. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Heather, I wish I had known. I was just in Grantville yesterday, too. Of course, we were going to pick up a car from the Salvage Direct lot...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by