Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    Is this a rooster learning how to crow??

2. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    some people.......I just stopped at the butcher shop and got a chicken dinner for lunch, the girl at the counter said, wait a minute, don' you raise your own chicken,,,,,,I said "Yea, but your's are already cooked, mine are still walking...

now remember I still have 1 in sick bay, so I am sitting here with a chicken in my lap, and eating a chicken dinner....YUM !!

3. HeeereChicken

HeeereChicken Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2012
    lol funny...i used to live in Mount Joy, before i moved to my current location...i enjoyed living there..it's a nice little town

4. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Stopped at tsc and no chicks jumped in my truck! They tried to talk me in to some, but I told them mine are hatching as we speak and I have a chicken in my living room getting healthy.
    No one blinked. Gotta love it.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  5. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    what kind they got !!! I am not allowed to go near the place,,,,sent my daughter in the last time.

6. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sounds like it to me, but I'm not getting a picture. Is he stretching his neck really far when he does it?

7. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Ee, bamtums, black giant, Cornish x, production red, and some mixed ducks at mount joy.

8. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa

So jealous of your chicks!!! But soon I will have some more too :)

9. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I need help (no comment from those that have met me!) I have a pair of Ameraucanas in with the Biker Chicks (that is my big flock). Thus, the eggs contain EE. The problem being that until someone goes broody, I have no EE peeps. Chick Days means EE peeps.
    Someone please tell me that I don't want the peeps from any feed mill/TSC!!!![​IMG]Y'know? The more I think about it, the more I prefer more chickens over more dogs. Sorry cute little puppies! I like the chickens more now.
    Guess that takes care of the new puppy question.[​IMG] Except that they are really cute. And they are in the house to keep me safe (which is what started the whole "I need a big dog" thing). Good grief. Someone tell me that I don't want EE chicks, and I don't want a dog, and I don't want a mini cow, and I don't want goats!!!

10. HeeereChicken

HeeereChicken Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2012
    well i would like some chicks and a cow and some goats and i've always thought a miniature donkey would be fun to have...but for right now i'll stick with what i have lol...and speaking of chicks/chickens i'd like to get a Black Australorp Rooster to go with my hen...I'm in central PA (southern huntingdon county)...if anyone has one or knows of where to get one at a reasonable price please let me know...thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by