Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania

There is no pic w/the video. If it sees me, it won't do it. I am hiding on the stairs! It makes that noise in the am when it can hear us upstairs. It is a 6-8 wk old silkie.

2. stake

stake Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    Malvern, pa

These guys in Chester county had a couple last week...http://www.pickeringvalleyfeed.com/Poultry-Schedule-2013.html They don't show any deliveries upcoming though...maybe worth a call....

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  3. stake

Feb 5, 2013
    Malvern, pa

Well, at least you're not hoarding cats or potbelly pigs....lol

4. fawngrovechad

fawngrovechad Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2012
    PA in USA
    Who??! The silver tank is up on ferndale!!!! What's his name??? Pm me

5. stake

Feb 5, 2013
    Malvern, pa
    all:

Got my coop and pen 80% completed...Ebay cheap stuff....I wasn't expecting alot ...but the instruction sheet read "Innstruion" 1/2 the screw holes didn't match up....the nesting bed is 1/2 off level as well as the perches....never underestimate cheap Chinese stuff....it'll buy me a year to build a better one.

6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    thats a crow!

7. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

If your run isn't too wide you can build a frame from PVC to set over it in the winter... we did this for our boat and the frame supports the tarping. works well and doesn't need an extreme arch to allow snow to slide off
    That's what our boys sounded like last summer... we laughed every time we heard Grayson try to crow for a month before he got it figured out so it remotely resembled a crow!
    Yep... it does seem wrong, but we do the exact same thing! And I still think it seems wrong to feed chickens scrambled eggs! LOL but they love them!
    We were at our local one this week and managed to escape with no stowaways! Not that we didn't ooohhh and aahhhh a bit! We should be ready to pick up some meat chicks in another week or two, so will hold off till then.
    If you want EEs we can set you up with eggs from our gang... a hodgepodge of colors, but ours lay well and haven't quit all winter. Let me know and I can save a dozen or two if you want to set up an incubator and give them a try. I know the roos are busy with the hens, so hopefully decent fertility.
    I think ours were about 8 wks when they started to croak... uhhmm... crow.... maybe closer to 10 wks, but I don't know anything about silkie roos, so can't say for sure

8. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I have a Black Australorp rooster. He is 4 weeks old. Free if you come and get it!

9. barbiegirl

barbiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2012
    The Poconos Pa
    Wow, just finished reading 300 new posts. Welcome to all the new people :D I loved the puppy pictures, so cute.

Wish me luck tomorrow. I am taking my 2 dogs for their shots at TSC. Gotta get in and out away from the chicks :( Hubby will be with me to help hold the dogs.

10. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by