Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    i would buy the car air freshener, it has to be better than some of the smells that come from my boots....I have a city friend who will not ride in the truck without windows down, funny thing is I do not smell anything.

2. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Alrighty! I can get some from one of the suppliers I don't use as often, and can get my Calvin Klein Euphoria at the same time! Maybe get some Monkey Farts scent too. I've balked on that one just because it turns soap brown... LOL! Ah, well, if the soap doesn't sell, the candles will!

3. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I'm still debating on swap prices. Usually sell candles at $8 or 2/$15 and soap at $4 or 4/$15. Obviously at a swap, I'd do a discounted rate, just not sure what yet, LOL.

4. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Dh's family is from there. He spent most of his childhood summers at her place 'near the silver tank'. He will talk your ears off about Shamokin.

5. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

6. they'reHISchickens

they'reHISchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    Reading
    CC.. thanks for the root beer tips. There have been 2 bottles of syrup in my cupboard for a year just waiting for a low=sugar edition. Have you ever tried using Stevia?
    Off -topic... setting eggs tomorrow in the humongous bator...3 doz of my marans and prolly that many banty cochins. Banties will hatch. Heaven knows about the marans. My record there is awful. We are shooting for Palm Sunday hatch.

7. MButerbaugh

MButerbaugh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2012
    Just a little bit of advice for those of you working on your enclosed runs... Make sure you have some kind of angle or pitch to the top if you intend to tarp it for the winter.... Have done nothing but fight with mine this winter. I get big chunks of ice that sag down and are so large I can't get them off the tarp - need to make some adjustments this summer for next winter, I'm tired of the steady flow of melting snow/ice dripping inside the run creating a swamp![​IMG]

8. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

I've never used Stevia, but I'm reasonably sure it doesn't ferment, so would work as well.

9. eweaber

eweaber Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2012
    Lebanon PA
    Can I keep my turkeys, ducks and chickens together? Keep reading different things. Some say yes it is fine, some say no it will kill the turkeys.

10. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Mine are all together. In fact, even during free-range, I have two black chickens who have learned that the turkeys offer better hawk protection than the roosters, and the ducks consider my tom their mate. So there are three turks, two chickens and four ducks who are always up each others' bums all day, every day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by