Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I hold the dog between us, why not chicks? Actually, the chicks would be nestled in with some Hot Hands. Still thinking about how to keep them from pecking through the packages. Maybe a towel will still allow the heat through? I will also use a hot water bottle. Not that I have been thinking about chicks on the bike since my first 6 last year. But if I can bring Tropical fish home on the bike in March from StateCollege, I can get the chicks home. And please don't ask where I kept the fish... They were warm enough. Enough said.[​IMG]
    And, I really need you to know that I am VERY HAPPY with the chickens I got from you. Wrong egg color and all. I also enjoyed meeting you, and you are a great cook!!!

2. fawngrovechad

fawngrovechad Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2012
    PA in USA
    These lil duckies we got Friday night are soooooo cute! When they hear u they start peeping all crazy and wanna cuddle up with us on the floor. They give lil nibbles the whole time too!
    Gonna let the Cochins out back today, in an area where the other chickens don't go. 2 more weeks of quarantine.
    Do i have a chance to get outta TSC with just chicken wire fencing or will 2 more duckies follow me home?!?!

3. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    If your TSC lets you walk out with only 2...ours has a minimum of 6!

4. MotorcycleChick

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    [​IMG]

5. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

Ours too

6. MotorcycleChick

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Beaglady, I just realized that you said "boobies" not "bodies". That is where I keep tropical fish when it is too cold for them. So, yes. I will admit that the chicks will probably be in my shirt. I am working on a chick sling to keep me poo free. I don't have room in my bra. Too much cleavage!

7. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

8. fawngrovechad

fawngrovechad Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2012
    PA in USA
    Yep! 2 duckling min and a 6 chick min. I think the mill has a 3 chick min

9. CarrieMae

CarrieMae New Egg

Mar 3, 2013
    Unity Twp, PA
    New here, checking in from Westmoreland County! VERY new here - as in, haven't even got our chicks yet, but have been desiring to do so for some time. Thing is, I never actually thought about the zoning laws, because my the TSC that has them is literally a half-mile from my house, so it never crossed my mind. Now, however, I have friends on my case to make sure I know if I can/can't have them. Does anyone know if we are allowed to have them here in Unity Twp? I know I can call the Twp Bldg tomorrow, but if I could find out today, we could get started even sooner!

10. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    LOL Hate when they do that!! silkies annoy me with this whole roo thang!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by