Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. dblea202

dblea202 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2012
    Pittsburgh

That's what we had thought about doing...if the other ones weren't as old we might be able to but i don't want to risk anything

2. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I have 2 green layers. I have 2 blue not laying yet. I have a bunch of girls that are only here because they are supposed to go broody. If I had an electric incubator I would put myself out of my misery, and just incubate the eggs I have. RIR, EE, Red and Black Sex Link, and if they are fertile, OE and Marans. Now stop reminding me of what I don't have. Or I will buy the cheapy incubator that no one likes at TSC. You know? The one that everyone says the thermometer is 8-10* off.
    I am supposed to be waiting for a broody like a good (masochistic) chicken farmer.
    [​IMG]I see hatchery chicks in my near future. Monday, Tuesday, more next week when I place a product order from a hatchery... I need a bigger brooder!

3. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    And the satisfaction of hatching my own is ALL I can think about. Now I am going to go to bed, and have dreams about chickens again. What happened to Spring meaning motorcycle season? Now I am excited about chickens!

4. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

OK... I thought you wanted EEs because you were lacking in color variety in the egg basket...
    If we have another hen go broody on us we plan to hatch out some of our own, also will be looking for a few large fowl meat bird eggs to add to the group. We might be going down one more roo in the near future if his attitude and hen treatment doesn't improve in a hurry!
    I'm pretty sure we have 3 Barred Rock roos and one pullet from the little ones Gracie just hatched... and 3 pullets and 1 roo of the Black Australorps. So should have plenty of new roos to select from for breeding pretty soon. So Mr Green Jeans better get his act together or he's off to freezer camp!

5. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    I'm pretty sure they can't be sexed by just looking at them. Now if you grabbed a hold of one and flipped it over..... just gently press.... LOL!!!

6. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    Happy Birthday MsLadyHawke!! [​IMG]

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

8. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Happy birthday, Ms Ladyhawke!

9. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    MCC,

I doubt the marans eggs will get darker. Usually they start dark and get lighter over time. So, assuming the summer picnic happens, can you take chicks home on the bike? You could keep em warm between your boobies. [​IMG]

10. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    I'm starting a rooster drop off like Wingstone's
    Why not!? I'd jump the fence regardless and give it a shot
    Ahhhh
    I considered making the run from the safari bus at Lake Tobias to grab Rhea chicks
    Woah woah woah........Chad is crazy!? You better not be talking about the fawngrovechad....I have spent years perfecting this level of crazy...just saying

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by