Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

Ditto! I can't keep up! Welcome everyone, this is a wonderful thread!

2. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa

So happy atleast one made it now it better be a hen!

3. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a hen going broody. She's young but seems determined. Iv plan to give her some eggs this weekend to replace the unhatchable golf balls she now has.
    Question: she is in a nest box about 20 inches of the floor. Do I leave her there? I tried giving her a box on the floor and moving her to it. She was having nothing to do with that. I'm not worried about her, just the chicks in a few weeks. Ideas? I really don't have a good separate pen to move her to, and can't get one built in the time I have.

4. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    I have never had any luck moving a broody , but I find that if I move the chicks shortly after hatch, momma follows.

5. yelnad

yelnad Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2012
    Central PA
    My chick connection just called. She is on her way to meet me here at my office. She has a cooler with approx 22 chicks in it for me. [​IMG]

6. chiques chicks

Them thats what I'll do!
    Kind of happy. Some of the eggs I have coming in I have horrible luck with. I'll let her give it a shot. If she succeeds, I'll name her (I don't name my chickens, well there are a few roosters named Stu).

7. fawngrovechad

fawngrovechad Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2012
    PA in USA
    Sound illegal!!! Lol! You're a chick head!

8. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    I know this applies to me.....somehow i think it may apply to most of us on here..

[​IMG]

you know I really hate days that I wake up and wonder if i actually slept at all,,,,think an evening nap may be in order today..

9. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

10. chiques chicks

Who hasn't been parked at a highway exit thinking
    " no officer, honestly, I'm just waiting for someone to meet me about some chickens!"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by