Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

My mom wants to get some turkeys too. I am not sure about it.

I have an order of BB bronze turkeys coming in early May, and ordered 50. Between a friend and I we are keeping about 30 of them, but I'll have extras. I like to grow them out to dress out around 30#, then cut the breasts into steaks & roasts. We make sausage from the legs & thighs. Send me a pm if you or your mom want any. The price works out better than if you just buy a few from the hatchery.

I saw something listed somewhere for May 12th at the Green Dragon. Is there a special show going on?

msladyhawke....

We are having our Annual Special Spring Bird/Small Animal Auction at Green Dragon on Saturday, May12th starting at 10am. There will be all kinds of fancy chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, peafowl, pheasants, guinea fowl, chicks/ducklings, cage birds (parrots, lovebirds, canaries, finches, etc.). I'm sure some rabbits and small mammals too. We often get rabbits like Flemish Giants, Lionheads, Dwarfs, Lops, etc. I talked to some people who say they are bringing the Miniature Potbellied Pigs too.

msLadyHawk, I'm in Chester County too! Where are you? I'm very far south, near Kennett Square and West Chester. I plan on going to the Green Dragon sale on May 12th, we had a lot of fun at the last one. DH seems to think some turkey poults would be a good idea, where I think a place to put them would be an even better idea.

Hi! I live in the Wagontown area, but I work in West Chester, and actually grew up in West Chester!! Yay! Someone on the forum close by! I am going to try to get to the GD event on May 12th too!
Michelle

Excellent! Going to try very hard to get there and check it all out.

msladyhawke....

We are having our Annual Special Spring Bird/Small Animal Auction at Green Dragon on Saturday, May12th starting at 10am. There will be all kinds of fancy chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, peafowl, pheasants, guinea fowl, chicks/ducklings, cage birds (parrots, lovebirds, canaries, finches, etc.). I'm sure some rabbits and small mammals too. We often get rabbits like Flemish Giants, Lionheads, Dwarfs, Lops, etc. I talked to some people who say they are bringing the Miniature Potbellied Pigs too.

I am so excited! I love these kind of sales!
msladyhawke....

Since I accomplished cancelling my other plans for the day..maybe i'll convince Him that we need to do the Green Dragon show!

Sounds like a plan!
thumbsup.gif

My chicks are mostly all feathered but I guess I'll still wait another week or two just to be sure... Plus I adopted 4 more chicks that are about a week behind and I'm thinking I should put them all out at the same time...

thinking about getting two ducklings off of craigslist for $2 and trying to raise them with my chicks... Am I nuts?

Have any of you ever done that? The lady who has them said they make a very watery mess with the chick waterers...

Last edited:
I tried it, and it didn't work. I had one duckling in with 5 chicks. It was horribly messy. The poor duck ended up dead, and the peeps where eating it. They had food. They were about 9 days old when it happened. I was so sad. If your area is big enough you can partition it off so you can put the chicks on one side, and the ducklings on the other. You can still use the same heat lamp then at least until peeps are using there flight feathers?????????????
My chicks are mostly all feathered but I guess I'll still wait another week or two just to be sure... Plus I adopted 4 more chicks that are about a week behind and I'm thinking I should put them all out at the same time...
thinking about getting two ducklings off of craigslist for $2 and trying to raise them with my chicks... Am I nuts?
Have any of you ever done that? The lady who has them said they make a very watery mess with the chick waterers...

Back
Top Bottom