Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

He actually doesn't need an IEP, but my youngest does. I am just trying to figure out what I need to do to homeschool him.

2. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Missy, sorry to miss you all at class. Such a bummer not to meet everyone. I'm thinking about the Easter Hatch....

3. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

I mean, isn't your district able to provide someone to review your education plan? Regardless of his needs.

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG] blarney

5. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    I got a few extra roo's, thought I would ask here before they go to camp.......a few jersey giants....couple of silkies....easter egger....lots of young 8 week old boys....a couple serama roo's, (loud for the size)

all these are friendly, no meanies...ok 1 of the serama roo's is a little mean, but really it's more funny than anything...

6. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Gotta love it when they think they can rule the world from 10 inches off of the ground...kinda like chihuahuas. We named our one little guy Napolean for that exact reason.

7. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

No, they wouldn't do anything to make homeschooling easier. You basically have to hire an independent contractor.

8. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    My cousin home schooled for a while. She has 4 kids. It got to be a lot as they were getting older. She is now doing cyber school. It is working out great. You and them set up the curriculam. They supply everything. You just have to have a desk, and chair. They will pay for some of your monthly internet charges. Its called k-12

9. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

We tried that when we first moved here, but it was more like doing school at home than true homeschooling. We like choosing our own curriculum. Aiden is such a sponge and so smart, but he has ADHD and is a lot better at focusing if it is something he is truly enjoying. I homeschooled him until 2nd grade and he did great. Not so much this first year in PS. Too much noise, activity and distraction for him.

10. rufflemyfeather

rufflemyfeather Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2012
    Lewisberry, PA
    south central!

super excited to put 5 cream legbars in lockdown in the morning!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by