Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

you know how people have dogs that just fit their personality, well I found my perfect chicken breed......

look at those short little legs,,,,perfect for me...now where do I find a scot's dumpy trio...
uuhhmmmm wing... aren't you trying to downsize your flock??? LOL
but he sure is a beauty with that chocolate color and vanilla mix!
love.gif

If you can give those kinds of details with directions, you really do spend to much time at TSC.
gig.gif

So excited about raising this breed. They lay moderate to extra large sky blue eggs. I received 2 VERY large eggs in my order to incubate and I recently read someone with a 64g egg from one of their cream legbars. They are beautiful. From what I read they are friendly, easily handled and good layers (approx 4-5 eggs/week) Most attractively that are true Auto sexing in that generation after generation females have a chipmunk-link line near eyes and full striping down back. Males are dull at hatch with yellow spot on head. They are very easy to distinguish. This is a fairly new breed brought to the US in 2011 by Greenfire farms.

check out the cream legbar thread
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/509483/cream-legbars
Love this look!!! I was looking at these but didn't find info on their body size? I prefer large fowl (9-11lb roosters or so) But still tempted just to see that yard candy!!!
Newbie.... SW Pa, Near Seven Springs Ski resort
Welcome!
After meeting a bunch of you yesterday at the CPT class I was told to come find you. Well, here I am.

What details do you wanna know about me? I have 18 buff silkies of various ages, 6 white silkies of various ages and 2 blacks. I have a layer pen of barred rocks, hatchery quality but, **** they lay well. I have a pen of lavender orpingtons that are just starting to lay. I have a pair of splash LF cochins about 3 months old, gorgeous birds. I have 3 BC Marans directly from Bev Davis. And I have a pen of mixed babies that will go into the layer pen when the time comes.

I live in Spring Grove, which is South Central PA for anyone not familiar. Been a rural carrier with the Postal Service for almost 23 years. I have 3 kids, 24, 20 and 6. And, no, that was no a typo, they really are that far apart. Married to Brian who thinks they only good chicken is the one on his plate ready to eat.
Welcome!!
idunno.gif

Update: Out of 20 eggs - day 21 yesterday 8 am for 11 of them, day 21 for 9 of them right now. I have 8 hatches. 3 Blue Copper Marans, 3 Welsummers, 2 I don't have a clue. Stake, I will take pictures of each of them and post them for you (or someone) to identify gender.

I closed out the small bator as the eggs all hatched and moved the ones that hatched 2 days ago to a small brooder. In the process, the big Aussie in my avatar came lumbering over. I had 1 in my hand and he wanted to smell. I put it on his nose and he just stood there with it chirping at the end of his nose. He definitely had that "oh oh, I think I just got a new job" stare.
Love seeing the pups fall in love with the little ones! Congrats on the new little ones.
jumpy.gif

Came home to my favorite girl Orencia dead!! Omg! WTH

She laid a really big egg too... Her last one
sad.png
WTH
OHhh... so sorry!!
hugs.gif

Definitely. Watched him for a while after work today and he was a lil shy but was roosting like normal later. Keep you's guys posted (you's guys is Shamokin!)
Have had some pretty horrendous looking lacerations on birds that healed just fine. Once you get him cleaned up (may need his 'hair' washed) you should be able to get a good idea of the depth of the wound. Flush the wound out if you see any debris in it and give it a good dose of antibiotic ointment on it (only use they type with NO pain medication in it). You may need to trim off some feathers around the edges of the wound just to make it easier to tend to it. You may have to seperate him from the main flock for a few days if you notice anyone picking on the wound... I can't think of any good way to cover the wound to prevent others from bothering it, so the only choice if they start bothering it would be isolating him.
Good luck and let us know how he does.

Back
Top Bottom