Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

It happens. It could have been any # of things. From Heart to Tumor and anywhere in between. I wouldn't cull if there weren't any warning signs. I don't know of any disease that just kills a chicken overnight without some kind of warning signal. Of course I'm no expert either.[​IMG]

2. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    Quote:
    Have you met Sally yet? I think you 2 might have something in common.

So sorry. 8(

3. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

Crazy packed at Green Dragon! Bunnies everywhere, lol.

4. Gardeningmama

Do you have him in with a LF rooster? That is what happened with mine a while back. I have to keep them away from all of my other roos now. The stupid Silkie roos don't realize how small they are and they want to throw down with the big boys. I'd clean that out and put an antibiotic ointment on it. Anyone have a specific recommendation?

5. Gardeningmama

The more I look at that pic, is the comb actually torn down off of his forehead? [​IMG] Poor guy! I think you should go ask on the emergency/medical help thread (whatever it's called). I would think it would have to be put back in place somehow, but I really don't have a clue how you'd do it.

6. fawngrovechad

fawngrovechad Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2012
    PA in USA
    I don't think his comb is torn off. I think he probably got pecked at a lot to the point if bleeding and his hair isn't as fluffy on his head and looks worse than it is. I'm gonna try to grab him tonight or tomorrow morning. I hope I don't come back just as bloody!!!!!

7. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    At moments like this, you usually here someone say "You should see the other guy." However, from the looks of it, I don't think he saw the other guy. This is why running is sometimes a great strategy!

Definitely look him over and get some care, you don't want an infection to set in to those wounds.

8. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    Yes! Where is Sally??? She'll understand my problem! [​IMG] I wonder if they have rehab for poultry addiction...

9. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

LMAO! Sally teases me because I can't make up my mind. She has a different approach, she refuses to decide!

10. fawngrovechad

fawngrovechad Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2012
    PA in USA
    Definitely. Watched him for a while after work today and he was a lil shy but was roosting like normal later. Keep you's guys posted (you's guys is Shamokin!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by