Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Somerset county here.

Howdy from Chester County!

Welcome to all the newbies!

If anyone is looking, I have 2 white silkie pullets available. One just started to lay and the other should be right behind. They come from an excellent breeder. PM me for more info.

Well, my house is overwhelmed with poultry again
th.gif
Chicken math strike? I think yes.

It all started with the usual drive to TSC to get feed. horrible mistake. I had Khaki Cs 7 years ago, so seeing baby duckies tore at my heart strings. And why not get some chickie companions for them? Came home with 4 ducklings, 6 RSL, 4 meaties, a buff rock and a white silkie. Ok, 16 isn't too bad right? and it's not like I'm keeping the meaties forever...

literally 3 days later, my 4H leader passes. Club is in shock. Adoption process is organized for her 150-200 Adult birds. I come home with a pair of Wheaten Ameraucana bantams, a pair of standard Buff Ameraucanas, and a Splash silkie pullet. Unexpected, but hopefully everything will be fine!! Gorgeous birds...

30 eggs make it to lockdown. 7 out, 3 more pips. it's only day 21. NHR look like they're not going to hatch well, so why not order 4 more from my feed store in June? Didn't seem like a bad idea at the time
lol.png

Not to mention 15 Porter turkeys coming in June. Heritage birds, so I decided that I'll probably order 2 BBB and a blue slate from feed store. Blue slates look cool, why not?
gig.gif
So probably making that 18 turkeys...

Well, my house is overwhelmed with poultry again
th.gif
Chicken math strike? I think yes.

It all started with the usual drive to TSC to get feed. horrible mistake. I had Khaki Cs 7 years ago, so seeing baby duckies tore at my heart strings. And why not get some chickie companions for them? Came home with 4 ducklings, 6 RSL, 4 meaties, a buff rock and a white silkie. Ok, 16 isn't too bad right? and it's not like I'm keeping the meaties forever...

literally 3 days later, my 4H leader passes. Club is in shock. Adoption process is organized for her 150-200 Adult birds. I come home with a pair of Wheaten Ameraucana bantams, a pair of standard Buff Ameraucanas, and a Splash silkie pullet. Unexpected, but hopefully everything will be fine!! Gorgeous birds...

30 eggs make it to lockdown. 7 out, 3 more pips. it's only day 21. NHR look like they're not going to hatch well, so why not order 4 more from my feed store in June? Didn't seem like a bad idea at the time
lol.png

Not to mention 15 Porter turkeys coming in June. Heritage birds, so I decided that I'll probably order 2 BBB and a blue slate from feed store. Blue slates look cool, why not?
gig.gif
So probably making that 18 turkeys...
UM !!!! Yea !!! this is why my incubators are locked away from me and I have not been to a feed store in awhile...stocked up weeks ago, hopefully can make it to the end of chick days with my sanity........but I do like your reasoning skills, they are alot like mine..

Is that normal for a chicken to just drop dead!! WTH... Should I cull them all? I have no clue what happened? And start fresh? Oh I'm going to need some new ladies if anyone has brown/white, large egg layers... Awe man....

Is that normal for a chicken to just drop dead!! WTH... Should I cull them all? I have no clue what happened? And start fresh? Oh I'm going to need some new ladies if anyone has brown/white, large egg layers... Awe man....

NO! Don't cull them all without knowing what happened. Joan, Rhea and I were just talking about this on FB. Sometimes chickens really don't need a reason to die. She could have bumped her head and that would be enough.

Back
Top Bottom