Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. stake

stake Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    Malvern, pa

Howdy from Chester County!

2. ctfeathers

ctfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2013
    Eastern PA
    Monroe county here. Anyone nearby?

3. stake

stake Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    Malvern, pa
  4. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Welcome to all the newbies!

If anyone is looking, I have 2 white silkie pullets available. One just started to lay and the other should be right behind. They come from an excellent breeder. PM me for more info.

5. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    Came home to my favorite girl Orencia dead!! Omg! WTH

She laid a really big egg too... Her last one :( WTH

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  6. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    Well, my house is overwhelmed with poultry again [​IMG]Chicken math strike? I think yes.

It all started with the usual drive to TSC to get feed. horrible mistake. I had Khaki Cs 7 years ago, so seeing baby duckies tore at my heart strings. And why not get some chickie companions for them? Came home with 4 ducklings, 6 RSL, 4 meaties, a buff rock and a white silkie. Ok, 16 isn't too bad right? and it's not like I'm keeping the meaties forever...

literally 3 days later, my 4H leader passes. Club is in shock. Adoption process is organized for her 150-200 Adult birds. I come home with a pair of Wheaten Ameraucana bantams, a pair of standard Buff Ameraucanas, and a Splash silkie pullet. Unexpected, but hopefully everything will be fine!! Gorgeous birds...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30 eggs make it to lockdown. 7 out, 3 more pips. it's only day 21. NHR look like they're not going to hatch well, so why not order 4 more from my feed store in June? Didn't seem like a bad idea at the time [​IMG]

Not to mention 15 Porter turkeys coming in June. Heritage birds, so I decided that I'll probably order 2 BBB and a blue slate from feed store. Blue slates look cool, why not? [​IMG]So probably making that 18 turkeys...

7. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

I am so sorry!

8. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    UM !!!! Yea !!! this is why my incubators are locked away from me and I have not been to a feed store in awhile...stocked up weeks ago, hopefully can make it to the end of chick days with my sanity........but I do like your reasoning skills, they are alot like mine..

9. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    Is that normal for a chicken to just drop dead!! WTH... Should I cull them all? I have no clue what happened? And start fresh? Oh I'm going to need some new ladies if anyone has brown/white, large egg layers... Awe man....

10. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

NO! Don't cull them all without knowing what happened. Joan, Rhea and I were just talking about this on FB. Sometimes chickens really don't need a reason to die. She could have bumped her head and that would be enough.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by