Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. JoanO

JoanO Out Of The Brooder

Oct 10, 2011
    Spring Grove, PA
    Woo Hoo!!! for the first time since ... I don't even know when, my house is chick free!

Ok so, there are 2 dozen Ameracauna eggs in the 'bator but the weather is only going to get warmer so they won't have to be in the house nearly as long!

And then I'm done hatching for a while. I mean it!

2. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apparently I learn the same way you do![​IMG]
    Definitely scour Craigslist. Sometimes there are awesome deals on there.
    It's starting with 2 chickens that miraculously double and quadruple etc. etc. before you know what hit you, you have 50 chickens 3 coops, grow out pens, and incubators full of eggs (this has been my last year to a T).

3. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    Absolutely. They need to be brooded in either the bedroom or living room!
    Have you ever had problems with moths? I just had to dump my two mealworm tubs because meal moths started breeding in the tub. [​IMG] They are kept in a spare bedroom, so I didn't want them getting down into the kitchen pantry.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  4. lclark628

lclark628 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2013

Is that an ok one? Does anyone have experience with it? I mean, I don't have the luxury of being a big spender, but don't want something that will fall apart in 6 months.

5. fawngrovechad

fawngrovechad Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2012
    PA in USA
    That one is nice from TSC but I would just buy the house part and throw some wood together with some chicken wire for a much larger run and it won't cost u the extra $100.

6. lclark628

lclark628 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2013

TSC sells just a house part? That sounds like it would work really well! I wanted to give them more room to run around anyway. Do you know if it has nesting boxes in it?

7. fawngrovechad

fawngrovechad Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2012
    PA in USA
    Yea, it has a section in the back that opens up (90% sure) to grab the eggs straight from the back. They are separate units and they are $100 each. Where are u located?

8. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I want to say that too [​IMG]

9. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

10. bruceh

bruceh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2012
    hanover pa
    just ordered my broiler birds. they will be here next week. i use mt -di poultry. great birds i have grown them for quite awhile. huge breast, tasty. and never drop dead from health reasons

. chad better get the pen built.
    i hope he reads this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by