Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I have her wrapped in a cloth diaper (LOL) and inside my jacket. I might try the blow dryer, though.

She was too far gone. They must have spilled the water right after I put it in yesterday.

Last edited:
******, just went out to do the chicken chores to discover the chicks that went out 2 days ago spilled a gallon of water into their pen. I guess it was chilly enough and the stress of being moved and soaking wet put down a white silkie. She is still breathing but I'm wondering if it would be more merciful to put her down.

Of course, now I'm questioning my decision to wait till after work and the rain was done before going out there.

And the 6-yr-old was with me, her tender little heart was broken. The tears were flowing. Life lessons suck sometimes.

:( I am so sorry Joan.

I have her wrapped in a cloth diaper (LOL) and inside my jacket. I might try the blow dryer, though.

She was too far gone. They must have spilled the water right after I put it in yesterday.
So sorry... it just sucks to loose them.
hit.gif

hugs.gif
hit.gif
I'm really sorry to hear that, must be really hard for the little girl, give her extra hugs for me!

So since I am new to this I can post pics of my 8 teenagers and you kind folks will give me your best guesses as to pullet/roo?? 

Please do! I love this game!

Western....  Think 'Lone Ranger' and 'Bonanza',  saddles are larger, have a horn in the front and a rise at the back of the seat to allow a rider to 'sit down into' the seat, riders legs are usually hanging down a bit straighter and the rider seems to sit tighter on the horse through many of the gaits, though there is still lifting of their seat on trot.  Also the stirrups themselves tend to be bigger and bulkier with wide leather between the riders leg and the horses side and often the stirrups have a wide leather or wood base.  A western saddle is designed for utility and full day use, horn is for tying off rope, seat back to allow rider to rest and change posture to ease sore muscles and provide a brace area for your butt during times of rapid direction changes, stirrup leathers are to protect riders legs from sweaty horse side on long days and wide stirrups to provide solid grip area for muddy boots when doing pasture work. 

English.... Think of the pics of fox hunts and jumping competitions and even racing (extreme example of English saddle style)  English saddles are much less extreme in the depth of the seat and they may have an upward slope in the front but not a horn.  The riders legs tend to have more bend at the knee because the rider stands up more noticeably in the stirrups at a trot or canter/lope or gallop.  Stirrups are often simple metal and much less bulky than their western counterparts.  English saddles are much, much  lighter overall than Western and often appear to be more of a well padded leather cushion for the horses back. 

Sorry for such a long post... probably a lot more than you were looking for... I need to learn to tell my fingers to shut up! LOL :duc

Excellent post, thank you!

You guys are talking about my neck of the woods! My daughters love Shaddy maple!!

Heading to green dragon this Friday! Need to get rid of my roo who has decided to go nasty! Can't have that around my girls! Kindda sad to say bye to my Aladdin! But gonna get a new roo!!

Ooooo! Me too! Gonna get these Olive Eggers chicks to the Dagon this Friday if it kills me! I have 2 ten week old Welsummer Cockerels going too, if you'd be interested in one of them, -also a big black Orp Cockerel (8 mos)

OK, here are a few pics for gender identification, please! Everyone is 3-3.5 weeks old. Hopefully these have enough detail. Let me know if you want more detail. I really appreciate the help.

Here are my 2 white rocks, Little Rock and Arkansas. These are my 2 biggest chicks, although Arkansas is at least 2x as big as Little Rock and maybe 3-4x a big as Little Rock.

This is my easter egger:

My barred rock:

BO #1:

BO#2:

#2 again, I think.

I was told this is probably a barred rock mix:

OK, here are a few pics for gender identification, please! Everyone is 3-3.5 weeks old. Hopefully these have enough detail. Let me know if you want more detail. I really appreciate the help.

Here are my 2 white rocks, Little Rock and Arkansas. These are my 2 biggest chicks, although Arkansas is at least 2x as big as Little Rock and maybe 3-4x a big as Little Rock.

Boy

Boy

This is my easter egger:

Probable Boy. Also, this chicken is a Silver Laced Wyandotte, not an EE
big_smile.png

My barred rock:

Also Probable Boy. Lighter, Cleaner barred Barred Rocks tend to be boys. Comb is pretty defined too.
BO #1:

Comb is pretty Defined, but it could go either way at this point.
BO#2:
Could go either way
#2 again, I think.
^ same as above
I was told this is probably a barred rock mix:

Hard to tell with this one. It's comb doesn't look single? Is it a Pea/Rose? Front pics would help
smile.png

Last edited:
OK, here are a few pics for gender identification, please! Everyone is 3-3.5 weeks old. Hopefully these have enough detail. Let me know if you want more detail. I really appreciate the help. Here are my 2 white rocks, Little Rock and Arkansas. These are my 2 biggest chicks, although Arkansas is at least 2x as big as Little Rock and maybe 3-4x a big as Little Rock. This is my easter egger: My barred rock: BO #1: BO#2: #2 again, I think. I was told this is probably a barred rock mix:
Here are my guesses (key word here is guess) Both White Rocks - boys Easter Egger, can't tell a whole lot from the picture other than I'm not sure it's actually an EE as they usually have green legs. Leanin toward boy. Barred Rock - pullet BO #1 Pullet BO #2, leaning toward pullet I can't really see the waddle area on this one, it's a good 'tell' when sexing Orpingtons Barred Rock mix - Pullet

Back
Top Bottom