Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. stake

stake Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    Malvern, pa

Yeppers, fenced mine in the other day...will be rotor tilling and setting the peas....What are you planting?

2. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    So, some possible pure some possible mixed? [​IMG] Might be looking for slates in the summer, breeding projects and stuff [​IMG]

3. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    I posted this on FB, looks like a good ap for hatching, 99c not back price
    https://www.facebook.com/ihatchchickens?ref=stream

4. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Both pure, two different sets of six shipped eggs.

5. chiques chicks

Sugar peas,v onions and salad stuff for now. Already have tomatoes sprouting in the house. Peppers soon to start, and wont be long until broccoli goes in.

6. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

7. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    yep !!
    this is the reason I come here

[​IMG]

8. trishg37

trishg37 New Egg

Feb 1, 2013
    [​IMG]
    My first chicks!
    I am completely new to all of this. I have been wanting chickens for years but have just recently convinced my hubby. I ordered 15 Samon Faverolles last month and will be arriving in 3 weeks. I thought it would be a good idea to get a few from Tractor Supply (min of 6) before the faverolles arrive to make sure I can keep them alive. I got these 6 1.5 weeks ago and they are growing like crazy. I have 4 Red Sex Links and 2 Amberlinks....all sexed Female.
    My question is when can you put them outside? This pic is from 5 days ago and they have since lost all of their fluff and now have all feathers. I have a heat lamp on them and it is now currently 75 deg. I will be moving the lamp up again this weekend to get the temp to 72 deg. Then I will remove it all together in another week since we keep the house at 70deg. Can I put them in the coop outside if I have a heat lamp on during the night?

9. chiques chicks

You seen normal to me! (maybe I'm starting to understand this whole few friends thing)

10. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    IMO, as long as the temps during the day are in the 30's -40's, they are too young. You did say you would keep the heat lamp on at night. If you have time to visit them a lot during the day, you can try it,and see what their body language is. You may end up using a lamp 24/7 for a few weeks outside.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by