LOVE THEM!!
Thanks Sally!
hugs.gif
Feel better!

OK anyone know about silkies?

Here is what I have in my pen
White Roo over a white hen and 2 splash hens

I got blue and Idontknowwhat chicks!

I read some and they resemble a blue partridge silkie?????
it sounds like sometimes they turn all blue and sometimes partridge, so my white roo has a partridge gene?
hu.gif

I dont know what went on but I hatched six like this and they are so gorgeous!
The older one has turned alot more silver blue and he is about 2 weeks old now/

oh and here is black betty taking a food break from broodyness

The thing about breeding white to another color is you never know what you a going to get, either in this generation or in subsequent ones.
well until the splash roo starts his job, I will take these chicks anyday! they are freakin cute!
I need to look up all the colors, I know there are tons but I am curious what they are!
The silvery blue is amazing!

Alright, shot a few update pics! One of the Red sexlinks Everyone wants to come out and see mommy
lol.png
Even one of the meaties came up to say hello Duke, my accidental BO cockerel. Unfortunately he's going to have to get out of here eventually! Francis, resident weirdo silkie. He's going to be an odd one when he grows up, looks like he's popping up a single comb! My little SS girlie One of my buckeyes! Wow they're getting big Here's the same buckeye, and Mini, my mysterious runt chick that doesn't grow
idunno.gif
My fattie Light Sussex My little Faverolles, growing like a weed My California grey, the odd little black chick in the brooder Houdini, my favorite of my 4 campbells! Oh! and I also went and grabbed Galgo's silkie boy, so here's the new couple, My baby girl Rory and the new arrival Reggie
big_smile.png
Thanks Becky! oh Rory
lol.png
Great pics! And what beautiful, healthy looking chicks! MsLadyHawke n I saw Bridgette today at the MD show. She is so nice! Told her we knew you, but forgot your real first name....duh! We did buy some chocolate chickens to help support the Montco 4H, our 4H needs some fund raising ideas.

There is no way I can keep up with this thread.
** waves to SwataraCreek from 100 pages back** John ordered 2 wafers from online. Now he claims we may keep what I call the Monster-bater. He likes turning the eggs 3x a day.
Last night DGD (age 13) was here and we candled the 8 dozen that are at the 14 day point. DD's bantam cochins ( 4 doz) are not as fertile as her roosters would indicate. She needs to come see the eggs and figure out who isn't doing his job.
We were surprised to be able to candle the olive and marans eggs. It really really helps to have a second pair of eyes at a different angle to agree with what you see. Our marans and olives ( 4 doz)only had a few clears, so we should have a good hatch, if they don't sticky.
There are another 4 doz due a week later (Easter) in our very first scattered hatch.
I am excited to hopefully have enough Black coppers to eventually be able to cull for type and egg color. Any splash or blue coppers will find another home and most of the olives too. I think we will try feather sexing after hatch. How should we mark them to distinguish? Or... should I just separate and see what happens? Do I have room to separate? hm. Oh well, nothing has hatched yet. I have time.:)

Sally, I feel your pain, have been sick all weekend too. I highly recommend a pneumonia vaccine if you ever get the chance to get it. really helps protect lungs; lasts 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom