Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. barbiegirl

barbiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2012
    The Poconos Pa
    Anyone in the Poconos or around the Poconos have any blue laced red wyandottes for sale?
  2. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    so sorry [​IMG]
    You know we are all there to vent to...
  3. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

So very sorry mama!
  4. fawngrovechad

fawngrovechad Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2012
    PA in USA
    So sorry mama :( good things will come your way
  5. lclark628

lclark628 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2013
    I'm in York County. It is a BR, according to where I bought it. I'm posting two pics. One is both BRs. (Jerk Chick is in front.) The other is a profile of jerk chick. It's comb actually seems to be more pronounced than any of the other chicks, but that could be because it is just bigger in general than all of the others. I have NO CLUE how to kill/clean/dress a chicken so I'm not sure if I would want to keep him for meat (if it turns out it is a "he.")

6. lclark628

lclark628 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2013
    I'm really sorry. [​IMG]
  7. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I know that it doesn't help, but I have blue and green fertile eggs if you'd like to try hatching some more. Some are silkie/am under a silkie roo. Or, I just set 53 eggs, including a lot of blues and greens, if you'd prefer chicks.
  8. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Oh, I am finally getting quail eggs. First two went into the bator today. Once fert is confirmed and they're laying well, I'll have those. Pekins, they're breeding, but the hens are molting, so once they get back to laying, I'll fert test them and have them available. Hopefully my turkey hen picks up again soon too.
  9. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

You most likely aren't doing anything wrong... if you have immune issues and are on any steroid treatments for them then your system is basically a 'sitting duck' for any germs that happen along. If you are prone to lung infections and are around folks who are sick then I would also suggest wearing a face mask when in close proximity to anyone who is sick. It isn't a perfect fix, but may reduce the droplet infections you are exposed to. Also make sure you keep up with vitamin supplements to keep your system as hardy as you can.
    For upset stomach I use jello in a weird way... get decent size glass, put in a couple tablespoons or so of favorite jello flavor mix, fill 3/4 with boiling water, stir till mixed and add cool water to fill and bring temp down. You can then drink this to help settle your stomach and it provides a sugar boost and fluids. I hate having an empty stomach when you get nauseated, I don't think theres too much worse than dry heaves, would rather have something in my stomach any time that happens!
    Hello!! Welcome from Indiana County!! [​IMG]
    OMG!!! So sorry! How horrible to have happen! [​IMG] Fingers crossed that her eggs hatch out healthy little ones for you!! [​IMG]
    Yep, that's what we are here for!! Love the group hug emoticon wing!
  10. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    I started WAY early
    FRACK! When will I know for sure?? (And does anyone want a BR roo, who kind of acts like a jerk?)[/QUOTE]
    Usually the girls act like bigger jerks
    Big pieces? Small pieces?
    Ummmm I was the drunk....deeply seasoned individual that had to be I mean escourted by three ladies to a car which I drove there and did not drive home.
    Yeah I'm sorry about that...I have a orange juice drinking, kilt wearing, chicken whispering reputation on here. [​IMG]
    They go nuts over them. I watched mine devour baby mice.
    Ahh the red hair
    I would have, but my engagements were quite full. Tell the kids next year the leprechauns are hoping to borrow santa's sleigh to get it done faster.
    cement blocks, rail road ties. The cement blocks are easier to move into place. Used 2 bundles of RR ties to build a great spiral staircase outside of a customer's house.
    Figure roughly 150lbs for a tie. Average 200+lbs on a switch tie. Depending on the age of the ties. And than theres that **** creosote.
    Like it
    Love it! Thanks for thinking of me while toasting your drinks. I got very very lost...and I mean quite deep into Jameson and Guiness. Really deep...[​IMG]
    4-6 weeks and the nitrogen breaks down to a level to be used to grow things. Use 6 weeks as a baseline.
    And you threw caution to me to stay away LMAO! I was in no shape to be surfing.
    HA! See it does happen to others
    [​IMG]I'm not alone in the drunken ebay shopping club!!!!!!!!!
    I like these two. Love the colors
    Give them a chance. I had a BR dance club out back for the longest time and thought they were roos, turned out to be a crap load of pullets.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by