Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Yes they do! Marsh daisies, chocolate and blue orps, lemon penciled fresians, and a bunch more. http://www.hhpoultry.com/ here is their website.
:) I am hopelessly addicted.
Evil enabler!

I've been interested in speckled Sussex since seeing them at the Farm Show. Theirs are even affordable, and close enough to pick up. So much for avoiding the temptation not to add any new breeds. (And I have Delaware eggs coming in June, when the breeder is done hatching her own.)

OK....I am DONE with snow! Yuck!. Just looked out the window to everything being covered in white stuff. :(

gardeningmama-
It is SO nice being close to other chicken addic..... I mean "entusiasts". :-D

Beaglady-
Sorry, don't mean to enable. :) I was just suposed to go pick up 2 speckeld susses. I came home with 5 and 2 copper marans. :-/ & I could have brought home SO much more!

Wow...what a thread! Yay P-A-! Saw that I should come to this thread to say 'Hi', in the 'required reading...so, Hi! 

Howdy JT from Chester County!

,,,,,And the other folks who said hello over the past day(I can't keep up with the threads, or the all the chicks folks are swapping!)

I have 6 new chicks! 4 are Delaware x Blue Wheaten Ameraucana, one pure Black/Blue/Splash Wheaten Ameraucana and a MF bantam Cochin I had to assist today. Poor thing was shrink wrapped. I need to candle my BBS bantam Ameraucanas tonight and they go into official lockdown. I put them in with the others because in my Hovabator I hatched bantams on day 19 in that thing. This Sportsman is running a true 21 days. I didn't know that until this weekend. Also, this Sportsman drinks water like mad!

Ok guys, I tried, promise I did, but I'm 54 pages behind!!! There is NO chance I'll catch up.

So, Hi to any newbies I missed.

SgtMom, I did see your question about Kniselys. They get chicks on Weds and Fris. They have a calendar on their website as to what arrives on what days so you know whether it's worth your while.

I will add anyone to the map who needs to be added to the map, if you inbox me (ylenad I have yours and will add you as soon as I post this)

Came home last night from a weekend in DE, Fiancee had been home alone. Went out to lock the chickens up, look down and have a white bodied, red-headed rooster in front of me....I don't own any of this....THEN I realize it's my Delaware roo!!!! His whole head and shoulders were COVERED in blood!!! I picked him up and carried him in the house so I could inspect/clean/care for. His one eye I thought was swollen shut, turned out to be crusted shut with dried blood. His whole comb was bloody...not sure if he got attacked....go frostbite (didn't look like it) or what...but once he was washed and blukoted (along with my hand and the sink, and the wall...) and dried (he sat still soooo well for the hair dryer!), I returned him to the coop....where he went right to the feeder, filled up...then went to attack one of the girls. He was fine this morning when I went out.

What type (watt/color) of light bulbs does everybody use for their brooder??? I"m getting frustrated. The red ones from TSC are teflon coated and 250 watts. My brooder is a smaller kiddie pool, so 250 watt is overkill anyway. The light is only about 18" above floor of brooder. It's hard to find red light bulbs anymore. Found some at Kmart earlier but they are only 25 watt and the poor peepies were huddling together in a ball. I didn't like that, so I put 100 watt regular white bulb in and then they all scattered around the edges..... I finally put a 60 watt black light in, that seems better. (I was running out of incandescent bulbs in the house..) So what does everyone else use??

I use a regular 75 watt bulb. I had to put 2 lights in for the last group I moved out of the house because if got so cold and windy. They are doing great with that now.

Back
Top Bottom