Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

What type (watt/color) of light bulbs does everybody use for their brooder???  I"m getting frustrated.  The red ones from TSC are teflon coated and 250 watts.  My brooder is a smaller kiddie pool, so 250 watt is overkill anyway.  The light is only about 18" above floor of brooder.  It's hard to find red light bulbs anymore.  Found some at Kmart earlier but they are only 25 watt and the poor peepies were huddling together in a ball.  I didn't like that, so I put 100 watt regular white bulb in and then they all scattered around the edges.....   I finally put a 60 watt black light in, that seems better.  (I was running out of incandescent bulbs in the house..)   So what does everyone else use??

Galgo, you might want to check out pet stores for infrared heat lamp...you can get 75, 150watt for reptiles....hope this helps...

I'm not looking for help! Just looking for like minded folks. :) Are you on Ravelry? If you are, I am thequiltedlion

No I don't usually follow any patterns do it by the seat of my pants! Like to figure stuff out on my own and watch Utube videos to teach me new stitches! I do a lot off different things I am told I'm crafty! Can usually look at something and then make it! I guess it is a good thing to be able to do! Do you do anything other then knit?

Yes they do! Marsh daisies, chocolate and blue orps, lemon penciled fresians, and a bunch more. http://www.hhpoultry.com/ here is their website.
:) I am hopelessly addicted.

As requested. :) Lamb kisses! lol Cooper (2yr old German Shepherd) and Buddy (5 day old finn/romney cross)
Romneys don't get horns, so he is Polled. :) So nice not having to deal with horns, and this breed combination makes beautiful fleece with a nice temperment. :)

I JUST came from there!! lol 3 barred rocks, 3 austrolorps, 1 gold laved and one silver laced. lol
I am DONE buying chicks.... Till april .. hahahahah
So cute!! Love watching the dogs with young farm animals... innocent and adoring all rolled up into one big furry bundle!!!
love.gif

Ok guys, I tried, promise I did, but I'm 54 pages behind!!! There is NO chance I'll catch up.

Came home last night from a weekend in DE, Fiancee had been home alone. Went out to lock the chickens up, look down and have a white bodied, red-headed rooster in front of me....I don't own any of this....THEN I realize it's my Delaware roo!!!! His whole head and shoulders were COVERED in blood!!! I picked him up and carried him in the house so I could inspect/clean/care for. His one eye I thought was swollen shut, turned out to be crusted shut with dried blood. His whole comb was bloody...not sure if he got attacked....go frostbite (didn't look like it) or what...but once he was washed and blukoted (along with my hand and the sink, and the wall...) and dried (he sat still soooo well for the hair dryer!), I returned him to the coop....where he went right to the feeder, filled up...then went to attack one of the girls. He was fine this morning when I went out.
Welcome back!!! Hope the trip went well for you?! Sorry to hear you came home to a sore roo, but glad he is doing well after the first aid.... had to grin at the blukote picture!!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom