Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Awww they're cute. Yes, alcohol and e-bay do NOT mix. Lucky for me, I usually fall asleep and get outbid.

Wing u ever see that movie, 'The Hangover'? Know how at the end they show in quick succession all the craziness of the night? Don't ya wish u could rewind and watch last night over?

2. BorderBrigade

BorderBrigade Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    Perry County, PA

I have some extra blue laced red that are six weeks old that are looking for a home. Let me know if your interested I'm in Newport pa.

3. barbiegirl

barbiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2012
    The Poconos Pa

My silkiess refuse to go broody or I would have some silver laced wyandottes.

4. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Welcome!

Welcome! Yes, Silkie! Sex...um, I dunno, Silkies are notoriously hard to sex.

5. fawngrovechad

fawngrovechad Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2012
    PA in USA
    Blue laced red Wyandottes are beautiful! Wow!!!!

6. barbiegirl

barbiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2012
    The Poconos Pa

:( I really want blue laced wyandottes. They are so pretty :)

7. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    Most of mine are on 75 watt white light. My ducks are on 60 watts white light, and my younger ones are also on 60 watt because their light sits 10-12 inches above them. They seem comfortable. The only thing I'll have on red light is my Turkeys coming in June. I'll probably swing by the feed store and grab a 250 watt monster for my HUGE rubber livestock water tub brooder, it'll be hung high and the poults could use the extra warmth if they needed it. My half-basement is cold! [​IMG]

If you're looking for smaller watt red lights, try going to petsmart or petco and wander over to the reptile section. Often times, they'll have 60-150 watt red basking bulbs for bearded dragons, water monitors, and other scalies that seem to prefer the less obnoxious light color. Reptile people also use it as an over-nighter bulb.
    [​IMG]

8. annie82005

annie82005 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2013
    Snow Shoe, Pa
    My chicks are 3 weeks old today. The red sexlinks are starting to get beautiful brownish red feathers. I know they aren't super fancy cluckers but they sure are pretty! :)

9. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

I get my red bulbs from Lowes, but have been using a brinsea Ecoglow, I'm liking it more and more. It's low fire hazard, uses less energy, no light so chicks are more likely to sleep at night, and way easier to wean them from. The down side is that they are expensive and the 20 chick Ecoglow seems more suited to 10 or 12 chicks.

great to see you back Missy, thought we were going to have to send out a search party! Sorry about your Roo, sounds like you got him fixed right up.

10. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome Back!! I had the unfortunate experience of watching a hawk try to eat my Silkie for about 2 minutes(long story) once. We realized she was still alive and rescued the poor thing. The only thing that hawk had done that whole time was try to eat her eye. You made me think of that when you said his eye was bloody and crusted over, maybe a hawk? Poor Boy, he deserves extra treats for sure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by