Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I am SO lucky to live close to MsLadyHawke. We hatched some eggs for her this Jan and fell in LOVE with her Silkie Chick. It was the favorite of our NYD hatch. Last week, she dropped the Silkie Chick off as a surprise toy son. He is smitten!

I am SO lucky to live close to MsLadyHawke. We hatched some eggs for her this Jan and fell in LOVE with her Silkie Chick. It was the favorite of our NYD hatch. Last week, she dropped the Silkie Chick off as a surprise toy son. He is smitten!

you need a few more! how about a few blue partridge silkies??? hmmmmmmm or blue or splash or black????? LOL

it's ok Rose, Sally did the same thing....

you really should isolate new birds, you just never know....
good to hear they are fitting right in or taking over which ever one fits,,,,actually i never had a problem with those one's flying out, but yeah they had lot's of chances to fly...i wouldn't worry to much about the little one, you seen the big birds that she is used to.

I am going to see eli this week end to drop eggs off that didn't get rerouted,,,,,please tell me i will not come home with any birds,,,,what you got eli???

I wonder if it's that Free Craig's List Bantam Rooster... if so, Missy, watch yer ankles!
Seriously? Are you trying to kill us? or keep us SOOO stinky we can't possibly spread any germs, people will give us a WIDE berth.

Actually...it doesn't taste terrible...kinda like sauerkraut juice. And you don't stink! LOL

HI ALL!
NEW MEMBER FROM LEBANON, PA HERE!!! :)

Welcome aboard, if you want to see where everyone is, check the link in my profile...it's a map of all us crazy chicken people.

Blarney:

Herd this mentioned before...what's up with drawing blood?

I'm not Blarney, but I'll answer. If you wish to show, your birds must be tested for certain diseases. You do this by drawing blood. A lot of us have taken the class offered by the state to become CPT's (certified poultry tech) Some have gone as far as to actually attempt the blood draw...others like me are waiting to work up the nerve to do it.

And that is the wonderful thing about the people on this thread!

it's ok Rose, Sally did the same thing....

you really should isolate new birds, you just never know....
good to hear they are fitting right in or taking over which ever one fits,,,,actually i never had a problem with those one's flying out, but yeah they had lot's of chances to fly...i wouldn't worry to much about the little one, you seen the big birds that she is used to.

I am going to see eli this week end to drop eggs off that didn't get rerouted,,,,,please tell me i will not come home with any birds,,,,what you got eli???
Yeah, I really wanted them apart! silly girls.. i am excited to get home to them today. My Big white Roo, Styx, it looked like he was trying to pull her head off, the little one, so I charge in and gave him a swift kick!! He is trying to put his big boy paints on I think, I just crow and charge him till he hides behind the nesting box. He was my only concern.. Heads are going to Roll!!
cool.png
I keep trying to get you guys to stop me.. common! 2 Langshan and a cute little bantum roo, with Mille Fleur Cochin coloring!!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
TWO WEEKS OLD NOW!
Here is Rosie wearing a harness. Her curled toes have straightened out after wearing her boot for a few days., but her leg is still splayed out some.
GLW( male?)below

Leghorn ?

My Barred rock

Rhode Island Red

Rocco with GLW.

Back
Top Bottom