Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    I am SO lucky to live close to MsLadyHawke. We hatched some eggs for her this Jan and fell in LOVE with her Silkie Chick. It was the favorite of our NYD hatch. Last week, she dropped the Silkie Chick off as a surprise toy son. He is smitten!

[​IMG]

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    you need a few more! how about a few blue partridge silkies??? hmmmmmmm or blue or splash or black????? LOL

3. motherhen71185

motherhen71185 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2012
    Southern York County, PA
    Looks like there might be a good group going to the show in york. :) The only "show" I have been to, if you can call it that, is the york fair. lol

4. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    it's ok Rose, Sally did the same thing....

you really should isolate new birds, you just never know....
    good to hear they are fitting right in or taking over which ever one fits,,,,actually i never had a problem with those one's flying out, but yeah they had lot's of chances to fly...i wouldn't worry to much about the little one, you seen the big birds that she is used to.

I am going to see eli this week end to drop eggs off that didn't get rerouted,,,,,please tell me i will not come home with any birds,,,,what you got eli???

5. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

Actually...it doesn't taste terrible...kinda like sauerkraut juice. And you don't stink! LOL

Welcome aboard, if you want to see where everyone is, check the link in my profile...it's a map of all us crazy chicken people.

I'm not Blarney, but I'll answer. If you wish to show, your birds must be tested for certain diseases. You do this by drawing blood. A lot of us have taken the class offered by the state to become CPT's (certified poultry tech) Some have gone as far as to actually attempt the blood draw...others like me are waiting to work up the nerve to do it.

And that is the wonderful thing about the people on this thread!

6. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Off topic question, as if we we have a topic. Does anyone else use bag balm as a hand cream for chapped skin? It's sold for anudder purpose.

7. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
  8. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    Yeah, I really wanted them apart! silly girls.. i am excited to get home to them today. My Big white Roo, Styx, it looked like he was trying to pull her head off, the little one, so I charge in and gave him a swift kick!! He is trying to put his big boy paints on I think, I just crow and charge him till he hides behind the nesting box. He was my only concern.. Heads are going to Roll!! [​IMG] I keep trying to get you guys to stop me.. common! 2 Langshan and a cute little bantum roo, with Mille Fleur Cochin coloring!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  9. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    yep, use it for all kinds of things,,,works great on the feet also..

10. CrazyRays

CrazyRays Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2013
    TWO WEEKS OLD NOW!
    Here is Rosie wearing a harness. Her curled toes have straightened out after wearing her boot for a few days., but her leg is still splayed out some.[​IMG]
    GLW( male?)below

[​IMG]
    Leghorn ?
    [​IMG]
    My Barred rock
    [​IMG]
    Rhode Island Red
    [​IMG]
    Rocco with GLW.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by