Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. AUNT KAT

AUNT KAT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2013
    Lebanon, Pa
    HEY THERE! BOY, LOTS OF US ON HERE!!!!! I HAD NO IDEA!!!

2. ctfeathers

ctfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2013
    Eastern PA

Thank you, everyone. I really appreciate it. So far I had not really had that much success...
    But it seems a bit better in this thread. I appreciate all the help and advice, so far have had nothing but bad luck :-(
    Hope that changes!
    Any advice on where to get chicks? I need some more wyandottes, the ones I was sent are mostly Roos, and the wrong color (ordered (and paid for) 16 BLR pullets, got 10 gl Roos, 3 gl pullets, 1 splash roo, 1 BLR or black pullet.)
    This is for both my own start to a flock, but also a genetic mapping research study. Help?
    I also need to find some homes for some of these guys

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

5. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  6. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

? Was that funny?

7. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky

Mama has some great silkies. I have 9 from her myself. She's also very honest about her birds. She'd never sell mixed birds as pures like you sometimes see.

8. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

Thanks Betta! I actually won't have any chicks again til at least late fall. But I was just pointing out that Joan and I know many of the bigger silkie breeders and could point someone in the right direction, whatever color they were looking for.

Guess that was funny....

9. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky

I don't understand why that's funny...? You've got great birds, so obviously you know where to get great starting breeder stock. I think it's great to have people like yourself and Joan who help others get the best quality. I know I've been burned by poor quality silkies several times. If it weren't for you, I'd have crappy quality silkies. Now I've got 9 gorgeous silkies of splendid quality! Even though the fermented feed has them looking like a bunch of Bob Marleys out there, lol.

10. eweaber

eweaber Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2012
    Lebanon PA
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by