Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

2. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    I have a Sportsman incubator issue that I hope someone can help me with.

My humidity is 64% but because of the forced air, the chicks are getting shrink wrapped unless they hatch really quick. I just helped 6 chicks out - one died and the rest I helped are questionable. What can I do to help deflect the air or something so this stops?!

3. ctfeathers

ctfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2013
    Eastern PA
    Anyone selling their incubator?

4. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I have a better hatch rate with a higher humidity than that. I jack it as high as possible for turkeys, and only slightly less so for everything else.

5. they'reHISchickens

they'reHISchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    Reading
    For what it's worth, there are 5 , 1- week old meaties at the Temple TSC for half price as of this evening. We thought about it, but then thought more about the 12 doz eggs in the incubator:/

6. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania

How do you get the humidity up higher? More containers of water? I have one sponge in and the water dish filled. It has never gone over 68% humidity. 64% is about average with that set up.

7. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

8. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa

No need to attack one another! If you felt upset or offended then y didn't you just pm Sally! She is a nice person and never says anything nasty about anyone on here! It was an honest mistake no need to jump to conclusions and gang up on one person!

9. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Oh No! I got edited! Can't even remember what I typed there.

10. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky

Excuse me, but nobody was attacking Sally, unless she sells mixed breed chickens as pures? I think you might be confused yourself, since Mama merely asked why it was funny and I stated that she has excellent stock. I'm not sure how you equate that with "ganging up on one person".

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by