Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Do any of you have any orpington large fowl chicks? I've become a chicken enabler for a friend of a friend, and she is interested in orps. Preferable fairly close to Harrisburg area.

I have some English Orps in the bator. I will keep them for a bit to be able to sex them, I will post what I have for sale eventually, or he/she can be put on my waitlist.

OK, Look what I did. I said I was gonna stick with Chickens, but TSC had Khaki Campbells, and I have been wanting them for a long time, just always missed the boat on finding some. So happy!!! Gonna spoil them rotten!!!
love.gif
celebrate.gif

OMG, so cute, I am tempted to go get some from my TSC, but I want Blue Swedish. I am asking for punishment, because I hate there messes, but I want some ducks too!

Is anyone in South Central PA (or if you know someone in Western MD) selling hatching eggs? I am looking for Buff Orpington, Black Copper Marans, Black Penedesencas, and Ameraucanas.

In another week my Ameraucana eggs will be ready to collect, I have Black/Blue/Splash large fowl. Its black and blue hens, with 2 splash, and 1 blue rooster.

OK, I have found conflicting information, so I am coming back to you guys. :) I have an 8x10 shed I am making in to a coop. I am putting the nest boxes outside of the coop so it won't take up room, and the feed will be stored in the barn. So all 80sqft will be for the birds. I am making a large run. 10x30 or bigger, and they will free range in our pasture when i am home, about 4 days a week. I plan to cover part of the run so even in the rain or bad weather they can enjoy going outside. How many chickens can I have?
:) I know how many I want, but I want to be responsible by seeing how mnay I CAN have, or Should have. LOL, Maybe i should look into an shed extensions? :)

20 large fowl, just make sure you have enough roost space. That is your max, I would stay between 16-18.

So what all kinds of animals have found a home at your house?
I have to go over there today...kinda afraid of what may come with me..
Chestnut Grove Cluckers is right over the line in Md and has some Polish for sale right now. Great folks and they have white crested blue and white crested black polish. They have a quad for sale for $75 and they are already started birds.
Blarney has Olive Eggers (OE)
Enabler. lol
Patrickschick, we now have 2 fainting goats, older ducks, chickens, a potbellied pig, pet rats, cats, a dog, a giant house trained bunny, a hamster, and a Golden Retiever. We used to have a pet steer, and have taken in everything from birds to guinea pigs, to gerbils and hamsters, to pigs, to cats, to dogs, bunnies, YOU NAME IT!. When I can't keep them, I find good, loving, responsible homes for them.

Back
Top Bottom